News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Following Orders

Started by Monsignor de Beaumanoir, May 08, 2008, 09:53:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Christina de Pond

Rofl

ohhhh my goodness i am going to have to check this out at home

rofl are you sure that wasn't a wine flask
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

Hospitaller

Hail, one and all. I must appoligized for being MIA the past 4 weeks, but our move from pergatory(Kansas) to God's own sweet country(Texas) has been fraught with many perils and side-roads. This means that we have been - and are still - living out of hotels, and my time to peruse the forums has been very limited. Powers-that-be willing, I will know for sure by the first of next week if we are landing in Houston or D/FW, although Houston is looking the more promising at the moment. Gawd, I hate dealing with upper management making up their minds on hiring!! "Hurry up and wait" seems to be the catch-word of the day. :D

I trust Frere Cliff is fairing well in Outremer. Our thoughts are always with the folks in that land.

Frere Mikael - best of luck on the new computer. I await the invite for the 'doins' at TRF.

To Sir William, the fair Ladies, and all the rest of the fun and gracious folks - adieu and all the best, until we meet again.

Lady Christina de Pond

glad to see you again Hospitaller. i hate hurry up and wait
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Mikael of Aragon

And allow me to jump in real quick and check in! Having faire withdrawals right now, and assessing what I can upgrade before TRF. I have a lock on my new computer, just juggling some finances before I make the leap, so I'll still be MIA off and on for just a little bit more.

Brother Hospitaller, when I landed my current job, I interviewed in March, and started work in November of that same year. So I feel your pain in regards to upper management not being able to make a decision!   :P

We just need to decide on a date for TRF. I was gonna let those who had a longer travel throw out their preferences, though I think my wife is wanting to hit the last weekend, which is a three day weekend for the faire.  :)
Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

Mikael of Aragon

So, last week, there I was...on vacation, hanging out at the lake, and I thought it would be a good idea to take a snapshot of myself having fun and send it to my co-workers and taunt them with how much fun I was having while they were still at work.  This is one of a dozen photoshopped images I got back the next day...

Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

Sir William Marcus

Hey, wait a minute!..I think I know those guys in the background!

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

VIII

Quote from: Sir William Marcus on June 17, 2008, 08:33:54 AMIf the king of Scarborough would to get that oversized codpiece so much as a foot from me its getting chopped off and killed.
Thou cans't try, sirrah, if thou darest!  The Queen's plaything is NOT meant for thee, nor for any who are faint of heart or frail of spirit or weak of constitution. 8)

BTW: My codpiece is tame by comparison to the real ones of the period!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Mikael of Aragon

Your Majesty, I beg pardon for my brother as, being a member of a chaste order such as ours, and having spent most of his time in Outremer, Good Brother William is unaccustomed to the sight of His Majesty's...er...majesty!  Thou wouldst be most welcome should Your Majesty ever wish to join us on Crusade.  :)

(there go my recruiting efforts in Merry Old England!)  :P

-Sir Mikael of Aragon
Scarborough Royal Guard
Precepteur, Commandery of Monzon
Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: VIII on June 24, 2008, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: Sir William Marcus on June 17, 2008, 08:33:54 AMIf the king of Scarborough would to get that oversized codpiece so much as a foot from me its getting chopped off and killed.
Thou cans't try, sirrah, if thou darest!  The Queen's plaything is NOT meant for thee, nor for any who are faint of heart or frail of spirit or weak of constitution. 8)

BTW: My codpiece is tame by comparison to the real ones of the period!

ROFLMAO!!!

I just knew that would flush his majesty out!  Very good M'Lord!
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Lady Christina de Pond

Rofl sometimes i wonder about yall.
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Sir William Marcus

Not sure if everyone knows. I have been informed that frere Cliff will be departing from the Outremer and returning to the states after this week.....Deus Vult!! 

Mikael of Aragon

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!

Looks like his work is done!   ;D
Pax Vobiscum!

-Sir Mikael of Aragon

Lady Christina de Pond

hmmm looks like he does good work
Lady Ashley of De Coals

Sir William Marcus

On the contrary, he does great work m'lady

Femme Falchion

My messengers tell me that Templar has arrived safely back in his homelands.  Proper feastings and celebrations are in order.  Could we possibly set aside the austere Latin Rules to welcome Frere Cliff home?

Domina Virago
Grand Mistress of the Order of the Hatchet
Mother Confessor
Sister of the Spring Fires