News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

unique gift ideas

Started by Auryn, December 12, 2010, 11:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Auryn

Hi guys,
I was hoping someone could give me some insights and help in what to get my brother for Christmas.
He is 27 (I'm older).
Right now he is into capoeira, but he is a big nerd at heart.
He and I don't really have a relationship -by his choosing and his behavior towards me. So I don't really know what he is into on a day to day basis besides the capoeira.
He works in the music industry and he just got his first apartment a couple of months ago.
As far as I know he is single.
My budget is a maximum of $100.
I can't even get him a gift card because I don't know where he likes to shop.
Any help would be much appreciated.

On a side note

I just wanted to share cause this is what I got my mom but of course I got it when I didn't know anything about groupon.
I found an awesome deal on groupon this morning- $45 for a 16x20 photo on canvas including shipping
here is the link http://www.groupon.com/r/uu6833856

oh and don't worry- it doesnt matter if your not from florida-it will still work. I got one that was offered in california for fandango and it worked fine.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

dbaldock

Well, Amazon.com Gift Cards can be used to buy quite a range of items.
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Rani Zemirah

There are some amazing books about the origins and techniques of Capoeira, and some of them are pretty nerdy...  ;)  

Or maybe he might like a subscription to Billboard or Rolling Stone magazine, or a selection of some of the top 10 music industry mag out there.
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Auryn

Thanks for the tips
I'm going to look into the capoeira books- hes not much of a reader but this might do it for him.
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec