News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Roll call may 23,24 and 25

Started by Avidd, May 21, 2009, 04:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avidd

I'm so ready for a three day weekend at faire.

Dirtfarmer

Will be leaving at noon on Friday for the 10 hour trip with Mad Maggie and a few others to play the streets for the weekend.  I'm very excited about being able to come down and play again this year, even if it is only for 2 days.

Lady Nicolette

Looks like we'll have a decent weekend!  Isolated t-storms are nothing to what we've been dealing with these last weeks!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Quiet One

I'm packed & ready to go.  Leaving at 7am tomorrow morning.  Athena, my daughter and I will be there for Saturday & Sunday.
Whisper'n M'Crack
Castleteer

BamaWoodsman

We've got 10 or so coming from 3 different states staying for all 3 days.  Can't wait, leaving town around 3 tomorrow to get up that way.

Capt Lucy

Since I sprained my ankle with my big clumsy pregnant arse, I am still debating.  If I DO go, please come say hi if you see me holding down a bench somewhere.
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Robin of Locksley

I will be there all three days.  :D

renfairephotog

I'll be there, yes scattered  is better just scatter south of faire,
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Mixsae

Capt Lucy

Well, I am sitting here with Capt Faye so I will be there as well!  :)
Booty'n Penny

Captain Jack Wolfe

W00T!!  Show the colours, ladies!!  ;) ;D
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

CapnFayeCutler

Well naturally. ;) Today was a great day for faire, and a huge crowd came out! And...the parking lot/field wasn't a mudpit!
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE

BamaWoodsman

Well, looks like we're gonna get wet today.   My group is a little slow moving this morning but we'll be there eventually.

Lady Catherine

i missed everyone today! I stayed home to rest my eye/head, but ill be back in full swing tomorrow!
2008-2009 cast TNRF
Fishers, GARF, TNRF, ALARF, Fishers, KYHRF and BRISTOL
Coming 2011- Bella the Troll at TNRF!

Capt Lucy

Thanks to everyone!  It was once again wonderful to see you all!!  I am heading home Monday to rest the foot.  :)  Sorry to all of you who I didn't get to say goodbye to!  *hugs*
Booty'n Penny

Mixsae

Word of the day this morning is "OUCH"!

And it's all over (sniffle)

I miss everyone already  :'(

renfairephotog

How bad is that, at 4:15 when it started raining my first thought was is this going to mess up the joust?
Fairy photographer

Mixsae

Funny...my mind was thinking along the same lines hearing the forecast...

"Ahhh man...the parking lots gonna be a swamp again!"

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: renfairephotog on May 26, 2009, 06:26:50 PM
How bad is that, at 4:15 when it started raining my first thought was is this going to mess up the joust?

Luckily, it did not, as it was a wonderful joust on the last day with some very heart stopping moments? Anyone get any shots of the unhorsings during the joust? Being guest cast performer and crowd cheerleader, I was unable to; although I did get a good eyeful on Don Fernando's unhorsing as it happened right in front of me!
Master of the Golden Hinde
Captain-General of The Brotherhood of the Waves
In Service to HRM Queen Elizabeth I

Stamper

Quote from: Sir Francis Drake on May 27, 2009, 05:34:21 AM
Luckily, it did not, as it was a wonderful joust on the last day with some very heart stopping moments? Anyone get any shots of the unhorsings during the joust? Being guest cast performer and crowd cheerleader, I was unable to; although I did get a good eyeful on Don Fernando's unhorsing as it happened right in front of me!

This is the only piece of the action we managed to catch on film (hopefully it's viewable by others):

http://www.facebook.com/v/1128627786532

kirk

I didn't get Don Fernando's, but I did get the one on the other side.

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: kirk on May 27, 2009, 10:33:01 AM
I didn't get Don Fernando's, but I did get the one on the other side.

Have you uploaded any of the your pics from the weekend yet Kirk? Besides myself, my friends; the French Ambassador and his Lady Wife; are interested as you took several shots of them throughout the weekend and they hoping to see them.

renfairephotog

I caught part of the double unhorsing. I believe also got the French Ambassador and his Lady Wife. 

Off to attack the lawn then I'll work on pics tonight.
Fairy photographer

Sir Francis Drake

Quote from: Stamper on May 27, 2009, 07:33:22 AM

This is the only piece of the action we managed to catch on film (hopefully it's viewable by others):

http://www.facebook.com/v/1128627786532

Excellent shot! Don Fernando, luckily was unhurt. In fact, he was more concerned that his horse went down and that, to quote him "his baby was all right".