News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Parade on YouTube

Started by Merlin, May 25, 2009, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Taarna

Thank you for posting Merlin! I saw both Yard Troll as well as Bubbles in the video! (great.... Bubbles is giggling now and won't shut up.)  ::)

I am so very happy that everyone received the lost little Sea fae with open arms, and had lots of wonderful advice and tips for how she might find her way home. HUZZAH to the Scarborough Renaissance Festival for a most magical time that Bubbles, nor I will ever forget.

With love and respect,
                                                                                          Taarna
A chill in the air, over your shoulder, the Ice Queen's cold stare, you can only be one place. The Texas Ren Faire!

PurpleDragon

When I stepped out of the back area, and heard the applause and all the people saying "Thank You", I felt a lump in my throat, I then heard a chorus of voices singing The Star Spangled Banner and that was more than my mind could take, I proceeded to complete that entire parade with tears of joy streaming down my face. The experience reinforced my decision to enlist in the Air Force and showed me there are still people in this country worth fighting for and defending. To all my brothers and sisters in arms, former and currently serving, I offer a humble Thank You for your service to this great Nation and Her people.
Karl "Dragon" Wolff
The Pirates Cove

Bin Ich SCHLECHT? Ja BIN Ich.

cowgrrl

Seeing all the veterans in the parade today brought more than a few tears to my eyes.  I lost my grandfather this past winter & he was a WWII vet.  While his death was a long time coming & a relief in many ways, it hits me hard at odd times.  Seeing the parade was one of those times.  I couldn't help the tears as I remembered my grandfather & his WWII service.  To paraphrase our beloved Queen, a big thanks to all those who served, are serving & will serve in the future. 

We're losing our WWII vets at a fast pace.  If you know one or meet one, thank them for their service while you still can.

Queen Bonnie

It was a beautiful and very moving parade. It is my first Scarby Memorial day in 3 years.
I thank all who marched and all who served.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Macintyre

my back side made it to You Tube too...YEAH!