News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

sad news for me could use some good thoughts and hugs myself

Started by Ariyana the hugging wench, May 26, 2009, 11:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ariyana the hugging wench

I got the news yesterday that my dad Paul (the adopted dad who raised me? the wonderful hugger from whom I get the hugginess) had died Sunday morning. I don't have much in the way of details. My step mother didn't contact me, my uncle called yesterday afternoon
My uncle from Colorado called Monday afternoon about 2:30 and said to call him back. I sort of expected it to be about my grandmother who is almost 92. Though I wondered why my uncle was calling and not my dad.

Except he was not calling about grandma...

My dad died... Sunday morning in his sleep from complications from a bleeding ulcer plus liver and kidney problems.. and no my step mother did not call me first...

and they are cremating him and spreading his ashes at Commisky field supposedly so no goodbyes, no memorial and I am betting I don't even get invited to the ash spreading.. Yes I am planning to try to contact Donna his wife to see if maybe I can be included in the ash spreading, after all he was my dad, even if I didn't see or talk to him as often as I wanted to. He would say, "well you are an adult now, you don't need me now." I would respond by telling him "a girl will always need her daddy, more than the daddy might realize."
and right now I want my daddy...

My uncle did tell me to be sure to send a sympathy card to my stepmom.. almost as if it was only her loss? sigh.. but yeah I will likely call and mail something.
My brothers still don't know. The numbers they had for them aren't any better than the ones I have. I did try to call Ruthie (the adopted mom who hates me?) to try to get their contact info but her numbers had been disconnected so I am searching online today to try to find current info of some sort... wish me luck. everything I have found is old and not good anymore.

Sabrina Black

I'm so sorry to hear that.  I can relate to what you're going through, having lost my brother several years ago.  I'll keep you in thoughts and prayers and if you'd like someone to talk to, I'd be happy to listen.

*huuuuuggggggsssssssss*
Wench-in-training

Old Tinker

Me Belle and me send our deepest regrets. our dear Ariyana, so sorry to hear your Papa has pass'd. we shall say a pray'r for thee and he, and we shall wish that thee finds thy brother to inform and to touch base with him.
bless you good Lady,
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Capt Lucy

*hugglez*  So sorry to hear that dear.  Sending warm thoughts your way.
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

WindChime

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you hugs your way. you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

renren

((hughug))
So sorry for your loss, it's hard enough, without complications...
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Sir Jim & Lady Helen

Lady Helen and I were so sorry to hear about your loss.
Irish Penny Brigade
Castleteers
Lost Vikings
FOKTOPs
ROOL

Jim:
Ride Penny

Helen:
Spin Penny
IWG#3811 Local#57

Maeve McMayhem

I am so sorry for your loss, you'll be in my thoughts. Best of luck, dearest.  :-\
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces

Windhawke

I am sooo sorry to hear of your father's death. Mike and I send our condolences and sympathies. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers. HUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aaroncois

Sincere condolences. Sounds like a very sad situation all around.

Windhawke

We are as sorry as we can be to hear of your loss. HUGS!

lordwriothsley

I am so sorry for your loss Ariyana. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers during this very difficult time.

Hugs and lots of love to you lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"