News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

You might be a Ren parent if.............

Started by ladyharrogate, June 01, 2009, 08:38:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginette

Quote from: ladyharrogate on September 04, 2009, 05:17:15 PM
another to add from my neck of the woods,

Today my oldest Alise had to put together a bag of things for her fourth grade class that represent her.

She put in a piece of pottery she made to represent her talent
To represent what she enjoys doing the most she put in a festival poster and her crown that she'll be wearing when she plays the younger princess at CRF this year
and for the item that represented what most inspired her she added a picture of Lolly Foy (who used to play queen at CRF and Minnesota and is married to Zilch the TorySteller). 

I think being a ren parent is pretty cool if you ask me and yes, I'm pretty proud of my girl!

That is so sweet and very cool!   ;D
Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

Hoowil

Whenever my daughter sees the sewing machine, or a roll of brown paper (what I use it make patterns) she asks what I'm making for her this time. My daughter is going on 3, and equates me sewing with garb and going to faire.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Jademozingo

My son puts on his leather tunic, belt, pouch, and his wooden sword now the most recent helmet then refuses to answer to anything except "Sir Richard".  This started at OHRF this past weekend and has continued through this week when he decides it's time to dress up!

Jade

ladyharrogate

My eight year old just started her own business making leather pouches and got over 100 in orders in a weekend.  Little rennie entrepreneur...yep, might be a ren parent LOL.

ladyharrogate

Um, that's $100 in orders, not 100 orders.  Didn't want anyone to misinterpret LOL

Rani Zemirah

Quote from: ladyharrogate on September 28, 2009, 10:45:00 PM
Um, that's $100 in orders, not 100 orders.  Didn't want anyone to misinterpret LOL

Sweet!!  I need to put mine to work!  LOL  Awww, she'd just spend it all on garb, anyway...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Blue66669

Ok, so my 3 year old daughter was singing along with Mary Poppins yesterday, and I realized something.... she's got PERFECT BFA!!! OMG ITS SO CUTE!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Hoowil

Last week at a friends house warming party, my two and a half year old daughter walked up to me and said " Daddy, maybe when I'm older you could teach me to use swords." We were all laughing so hard, and wondering which was worse, that she asked that, or that in all honesty I told her ok, when she's older I'll teach her how to use a sword. Makes me wonder what it'll be like when my son gets old enough to talk.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

tigerlilly

You realize that you may need to censor what songs you sing around the house, but you actually feel a bit proud when you hear your two year old singing in her room, "Cuckoo's nest, cuckoo's nest, give me bottle of best...".  It was even cuter than "Twinkle star, twinkle star, how are you are...so high..."

THELADYKAT

before the baby is even born u start making garb....

I know I did :)
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

tigerlilly

wyckdblyss

The first real piece of garb you have ever made by yourself was a kilt for a 1 yr old...(alot easier than I thought it would be too).

Your son falls asleep to Iris and Rose above any other cds you play
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

tigerlilly

I stayed up late last night to hem a "dress".... for my son (okay, well, really it's a long tunic). I intend to go out today and try to find him some black or brown tights to wear with it.  And my super conservative military-type husband hasn't even batted an eye.

ladyharrogate

.........you tear up when you see your daughter standing on the parapet with the king and queen because you remember holding her on that same parapet as a baby and seeing her ten years later playing a princess and coming into her own is pretty darn cool!

Rani Zemirah

... your 8 y/o daughter wants to grow up to be Twig... but only sometimes, because she just can't give up being a Gypsy forever...

... she designs and makes her own garb, accessories and favors...

... she stops speaking to you for days because you're not taking her to TRF for All Hallow's weekend, even though it's a "grown-up" weekend, and she designed garb for it...

... she relents and speaks to you again because you've promised to take her to meet Twig and all the R/Fer's for RENdezvous '10 at Scarby, and she has to ask you to buy the fabric for her new fairie garb...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede