News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Who is excited?

Started by FaeHollow, June 03, 2009, 08:16:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Yeah!  What she said!  This will be my first year camping there but i've been going for years.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

I hadn't camped out there til last year... what an experience! It was a little ruined due to the fact that my boyfriend chose not to come with me and had started a fight with me the night I headed out there and wouldn't respond to texts or calls the whole weekend to finish said fight. I was a little preoccupied but when I was chilling out ignoring his existence ( we are still together and perfectly fine, it was a stupid fight) I was thoroughly enjoying being out there. We had some strange visitors to the campsite one guy decided to pick a fight with the light bulbs in the coleman lamp. Another visited the next morning after apparently falling into a fire the night before... his hand was pretty messed up! You'll have lots of laughs and some great stories. I just wish, knowing the outcome of the fight now, that I had just forgotten about my life outside of faire and just enjoyed my time more. But to say that I enjoyed my time there even with all that happening must mean that camping is AWESOME! :D
Leigh

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Everything points to a memorable or semi-memorable time.  LOL.  I come equipted with a bottle of Johnnie Walker Green, as well as other party favors. Hopefully, All Hallow's Eve will be nice & cool this year... i hate trying to sleep while sweating me bits off. ;D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

I went all hallows last year and it was freezing... first cold snap of the fall. Well it wasn't freezing but it wasn't warm. Hopefully thats the weather you'll get but about 5 degrees more!
Leigh

Breandan

Faire is kinda like Christmas or the like in that you wait all year to get to it, have a lot of fun and surprises when it gets there, have a lot more fun that night, and wake the next morning with a hangover worthy of an epic saga (oddly enough, whether you drink or not), crying out weakly from under a pillow "It was worth it!" (or, in some folks' cases, "I regret nothing!"  ;D )
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Breandan on June 12, 2009, 02:25:11 AM
Faire is kinda like Christmas or the like in that you wait all year to get to it, have a lot of fun and surprises when it gets there, have a lot more fun that night, and wake the next morning with a hangover worthy of an epic saga (oddly enough, whether you drink or not), crying out weakly from under a pillow "It was worth it!" (or, in some folks' cases, "I regret nothing!"  ;D )

AND you can't wait to do it all over again!  ;D ;D :o ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

120 days to go.  Grrr.  >:(
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

Leigh

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

When i start getting the itch, it really becomes unbearable.  I received my new kilt belt in from Ravenswood, yesterday, and as i started to customize it... i really realized that it's 4 freaking months til opening!  GRRRRRR!!

Sorry, i was losing my composure... TRF is one of my few vices.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

Leigh

Broadside

FaeHollow, didn't you audition for Performance Company? If you did, what was the outcome? I seem to remember you mentioning something about it on another thread.
"So long and thanks for all the fish!!" D.N.A.

FaeHollow

Broadside:

Yes I did audition! I actually sent the contract back off on Tuesday, so unless they change their mind and rip it up, I have been cast in the German Court! July 11th seems like a lifetime away! I cannot wait! I don't know what specific person I am yet, he mentioned something about one of the sisters... whatever that means lol! I am just excited to be a PART of the magic this year!
Leigh

Broadside

You will enjoy Klaus...and you will enjoy Deutschland they are known for their invasions. We Bedlamites like to do a little invading ourselves. Look forward to meeting you on the 11th. I will most likely be there the whole day helping out.   
"So long and thanks for all the fish!!" D.N.A.

FaeHollow

Leigh

Merlin

Im excited because Ive never been there and I've met some really nice peeps.
I
The Dark Wizard will also be spending a day in my family clan tartan kilt wear..................

I hope I can get off!
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making