R/F.com Updates > R/F.com Updates

ALERT: SPAMMERS ABOUND!

(1/6) > >>

DeadBishop:
To all members,

Recently in the last few days, there has been a large number of spammers hitting the forum.  They all have one thing in common; within the body of their post, at the bottom is a link to random websites for things like vending machines, acne meds, etc.  With this strain of spammers, it actually appears to be a real person posting rather than an automated bot.  This makes it a bit more difficult to detect at first because they are actually responding to the content or questions within the thread they post in.

If you see a new member with a post like this, report it immediately! Do not respond to their posts in any way.  One of the tip offs is that some of them post in really old threads that haven't been posted in for months at a time.  Others have been found in current threads.  The biggest tip off is the LINK that's at the bottom of every post.

If the spammer(s) are reading this....TAKE A HIKE!  We don't want your kind around here and I WILL DELETE YOU when I find you.

~DB
Forum Admin

Lady Renee Buchanan:
Huzzah, DB, for your constant vigilance in making this forum the great place to be.  And while I'm at it, thanks to John and the other Mods who do their part in the same manner.

Rum all around!   ;D

Betty Munro:
Spammers - bah!  Make 'em walk the plank!   >:(
I'll drink to that!

Carpathian:
Is there a way to lock them out?  I am not sure if there is or not, but if I see any, I will definately help to report them to you!   :P

renfairephotog:
Fresh attack today.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version