News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Question for those up in the Northeast US

Started by Kruzar, April 23, 2009, 04:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kruzar

Not sure if this is the exact best place to post this, but thought I would give it a shot to obtain some infomation.

My company is currently bidding on some business that would take me into the Hartford, Conneticuit area... and being the thrify Rennie that I am, I would love to maybe see a couple different Faires while I am in the area.  My big problem is that I know almost nothing about the Northeast United States.  I have travelled to many other faires around the country, but so far they have been in the Western part of the country, and I at least had some idea of distances and things close to the faire area....

So I ask for assistance from my wonderful friends here... looking at the map and just some quick searching it looks like The Conneticuit Ren Faire would be doable, but what about like Sterling... or are there other faires that are kind of close?  I will more than likely have a car, and have some free time to go explore.... but some area intel would be greatly appreciated...
Gentleman Rogue

BLAKDUKE

What time frame are you going to be there in.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

bradenmac

PA Ren Faire and MD Ren Faire are absolute musts if thou are only going to be in our area of the US kingdom but once in thoust lifetime. ;D

Jay Byrd

NYRF in August and Sept is a very good Faire.

Look at the faire directory that they have, it lists most of them.  NYRF is one of the bigger ones in the tri-state area and is only 3 or so hours from Hartford.  I know there is one in MASS, but I have not been there.

Any other help I can be just ask.

Capt Lucy

The one in MA is King Richard's Faire, my home faire, and it is by far one of the coolest places ever.  Runs Sept and Oct...  They will be on their 28th year this season.  :)  Lots of trees and space...
Dame Lucy, Captain of the Crimson Phoenix
IWG #2772 L77 Madame Emeritus
Booty'n Penny
Ette, R/F, IFORP, Merc, FOKTOP, Rengeek blah blah blah...

Kruzar

Quote from: BLAKDUKE on April 24, 2009, 09:02:38 AM
What time frame are you going to be there in.

The timeframe right now is kind of up in the air... we are thinking that it will be at least a year long project (maybe longer).  The current thought from upper management is that it will take multiple trips to the area, and those trips will be generally longer than a week at a time.

I am definetly going to look into the faires mentioned so far... :)

So any other suggestions?
Gentleman Rogue

SterlingFan

Quote from: Kruzar on April 23, 2009, 04:33:27 PM
Not sure if this is the exact best place to post this, but thought I would give it a shot to obtain some infomation.

My company is currently bidding on some business that would take me into the Hartford, Conneticuit area... and being the thrify Rennie that I am, I would love to maybe see a couple different Faires while I am in the area.  My big problem is that I know almost nothing about the Northeast United States.  I have travelled to many other faires around the country, but so far they have been in the Western part of the country, and I at least had some idea of distances and things close to the faire area....

So I ask for assistance from my wonderful friends here... looking at the map and just some quick searching it looks like The Conneticuit Ren Faire would be doable, but what about like Sterling... or are there other faires that are kind of close?  I will more than likely have a car, and have some free time to go explore.... but some area intel would be greatly appreciated...

I whole heartily recommend Sterling hence my user name lol !  The dates this upcoming season (09) are: July 4 – August 16, 2009  10:00a – 7:00p 

There are plenty of varying accommodations in the area from campgrounds to fancy Inns. Here is the link to the Festival: http://www.sterlingfestival.com/ 
Link to accommodations: http://www.sterlingfestival.com/directions/Accommodations/tabid/141/Default.aspx
Home Faire: Sterling Renaissance Festival

"I know I'm in my own little world, but it's ok, they know me here !"

robert of armstrong

Being one that travels to every Faire he goes, I strongly recommend Sterling RenFest, as well as Great lakes Medieval Faire, and Michigan.  It's a bit of a trip, but worth it.  And Maryland RenFest is an absolute must.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

Aaroncois

Sterling's going to be about a 6-hour drive for you, but a very easy one from Hartford. I used to make the run from Syracuse to central/southern CT regularly and it's not too bad. Totally worth it to spend a day or weekend at the lovely Sterling Festival.

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/festivals/map.php

This will get you to all the faires, just click on the state. But I do have to say,Maryland being my home faire you just MUST visit us. Everyone says it just a great faire,I think its fantastic.Really big and lots always going on.Plus in Sept.we host RENDEVOUS 2009 which is a must.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

BubbleWright

Jeff Mach, creator of the Wicked Renfest, has a new Faire in Connecticut this year. The Midsummer Magick Faire runs the last 2 weekends of July and the first weekend of August. Could be interesting. See below for link:
http://www.midsummermagickfaire.com/
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Sheesh,  I can see they need to do some politicking here.   FYI if you're in Hartford, The Conn Renaisance Faire runs from sept to oct and is in its 11 year, with attendance of about 3-6 thousand a day.

http://ctfaire.com   

The faire site is in Hebron Ct about 35 min from downtown Hartford. 
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724