News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Needing contact

Started by Mistress Cherry, June 09, 2009, 05:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistress Cherry

I realize that Faire for this season hasn't even closed yet, but my wheels have been spinning. I've gotten an idea for a script for faire and wanted to know if it was possible to submit it (once I get the whole thing hammered out) to someone who might actually care.

Is this something that a random person can do? I know there is an in-house writing staff (because the plots have to come from somewhere) but is outside input even desired?

Like I said, at this point its only a concept, but I think it has merit. Could someone in the know give me some feedback on this?

Thanks!

Benedict Browne

This year, the staff asked for inputs from the cast members for script ideas.  Just a brief synopsis, not a full script, and the one were are doing this year is from a cast member.  So the staff is open and receptive to ideas.  I would drop a line to the staff through one of the e-mail addresses at www.varf.org.  Maybe 'GoldenGoose' will chime in and give more specific info.

Scott
Scott McD.

(Master Benedict Browne - Sgt. Trumpeter)

GoldenGoose

Mistress Cherry is way ahead of you, Master Benedict...but as you may be pupating in preparation for the emergence of Buggler this coming weekend...

As if anyone needed another reason to join us for this, our final weekend of the 2009 season: Buggler joins us for Midsummer Night's Dream.

Mistress Cherry

Thank you both for your help on this!

I'm currently in massive research mode. I'm trying to find chars that make sense historically, though it's really hard to finagle time-lines. Plus, I'm dealing with the French court. Never an easy thing for a woman with Elizabeth on the brain!

I'll write up and submit what I can. It might take a lot more leg-work, but if the concept is sound then I'm sure we can hammer out the details later.

Thanks!