News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Mundane News (aka weirdness in media)

Started by *Teach*, June 18, 2009, 10:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noble Dreg

"Why a spoon cousin? Why not an axe?"
Because it's dull you twit, it'll hurt more. Now SEW, and keep the stitches small

Lady Renee Buchanan

This isn't really weird, just pretty funny.  And sad, because things like this happen all the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo

I'm surprised they didn't dress up as gorillas for the baggage handlers.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Goodhaven

Wow - not only was that song appropriate, it was pretty catchy. I'm still humming it in my head!

Anna Iram

News of the WeirdTM
(c) 1999-2001 , Chuck Shepherd. All rights reserved.

WEEK OF JULY 5, 2009

LEAD STORY

A 48-year-old immigrant from Malta regularly hangs out in various New York City bars, but always on the floor, so that he can enjoy his particular passion of being stepped on. "Georgio T." told The New York Times in June that he has delighted in being stepped on since he was a kid. While one playmate "wanted to be the doctor, (another) wanted to be the carpenter ... I would want to be the carpet." Nowadays, he carries a custom-made rug he can affix to his back (and a sign, Step on Carpet) and may lie face-down for several hours if the bar is busy. He is also a regular at "high foot-traffic" fetish parties, where dozens of stompers (especially women in stilettos) can satisfy their own urges while gratifying Georgio. [New York Times, 6-14-09]

*Teach*

Some days, the fetish world amazes me
Not from the ew factor, but from the facts that 1) they actually figured out this is what they like and 2) were able to find others that felt the same way and 3) have covered everything so well that it seems you can't even try and find a new one without discovering there are websites dedicated to them

*hmmm... wanders off looking for a rum fetish group... and of course... there is one*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Tipsy Gypsy

"No, sherioushly honey, thesh total shtrangersh kidnapped me, dragged me out shomewhere, and forshed me ta drink beer! I'm tellin' ya, it wash *hic* jusht turrible!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532490,00.html?test=latestnews
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Muffin

Quote from: Tipsy Gypsy on July 14, 2009, 05:51:00 PM
"No, sherioushly honey, thesh total shtrangersh kidnapped me, dragged me out shomewhere, and forshed me ta drink beer! I'm tellin' ya, it wash *hic* jusht turrible!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,532490,00.html?test=latestnews

I was just going to post this one!! ha!

How terrible... Force fed beer!! This will take years of therapy to get over, I just know it!!  :D :D *hahahahahaha!! *snort* hahahahahahahaha!

*Dear God..... I hope they serve beer in Hell!!*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Marietta Graziella

They will serve beer in hell.
It'll be Milwaukee's Best and it'll be warm, out of the can.

*shudder!*
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Tipsy Gypsy

"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

NoBill Lurker

So what are you doing this weekend?
I'm going to BARF!!!
You're going to...wait...WHAT???

NoBill Lurker

I'm going to BARF!!!

Seamus Ex Machina

Quote from: NoBill Lurker on August 12, 2009, 06:29:11 PM
European Vacation Leads to Hilarious Breakup

ROTFLMFAO@!@@@@@@!!!!!!!

That was the FUNNIEST thing I have watched in recent memory!!!!    HUGE props, NoBill!!!

This is the best premise for a movie I've heard of.....and all true!!
Legendary Hellraiser

NoBill Lurker

Quote from: Seamus Ex Machina on August 12, 2009, 07:43:23 PM
Quote from: NoBill Lurker on August 12, 2009, 06:29:11 PM
European Vacation Leads to Hilarious Breakup

ROTFLMFAO@!@@@@@@!!!!!!!

That was the FUNNIEST thing I have watched in recent memory!!!!    HUGE props, NoBill!!!

This is the best premise for a movie I've heard of.....and all true!!

Wasn't that just a laugh riot!
I had tears in my eyes after reading that this morning!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm going to BARF!!!

dbaldock

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous