Ye Olde Crafting Corner > Crafts and Projects

Loki and other Liquers

<< < (37/37)

*Teach*:
I have done the coffee filter trick. I poured it into an empty bottle first, took a coffee filter and used a rubber band to attach it to the bottle then turned it upside down and let it trickle out slowly into a clean pot. I actually had three bottles filtering at a time that way. I just propped them up and came back later to check on them.
Having said that, I don't bother with it any more. They only loki I make that has a sediment issue is my Apple Pie and I just tell whoever gets it not to drink the sediments lol. I don't know if I am right or not but I think leaving the sediment in there in that case helps the flavor (it's mostly cinnamon and I think letting that stay in helps).

*rum and loki are amazing inventions*

Ms Trish:

--- Quote from: *Teach* on December 28, 2011, 11:31:28 AM ---
Having said that, I don't bother with it any more. They only loki I make that has a sediment issue is my Apple Pie and I just tell whoever gets it not to drink the sediments lol. I don't know if I am right or not but I think leaving the sediment in there in that case helps the flavor (it's mostly cinnamon and I think letting that stay in helps).

*rum and loki are amazing inventions*

--- End quote ---

I'm sure the cinnamon isn't a problem. I was more concerned about fruit bits/other organics.

Thanks for the input! And I'll agree on them being amazing!

Francisco Paula:
Cheese cloth.

used this in cooking alot to filter stuff

Butch:
I just made the Bananas Foster vodka.  It has to sit for 29 days (per the recipe), then I strain it and add the banana extract.  We'll see how this goes!

Ms Trish:

--- Quote from: Butch on May 17, 2012, 08:44:44 PM ---I just made the Bananas Foster vodka.  It has to sit for 29 days (per the recipe), then I strain it and add the banana extract.  We'll see how this goes!

--- End quote ---

Make sure you let us know! That sounds yummy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version