News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Opening Day Breakfast

Started by SleepyArcher, June 19, 2009, 05:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin

Quote from: Storm on August 06, 2009, 03:35:04 PM
Gin and hope to be there opening day, but we will miss the breakfast.

For those that do not know (mainly those not on facebook...LoL), I broke my knee cap back in May. I had surgery to repair it and was suppose to be fine for the start of 'fest, but one of the pins in my knee shifted (a not uncommon thing with broken knee caps) and makes walking for me a bit painful. I can get around if I "straight leg it" and actually do walk like I have a peg leg! But, that's slow, plodding and not a lot of fun. All the hardware will be coming out of my knee the week after Labor Day, so I should be good to go then. I want to try opening day and see how it goes. Thankfully, I have a temporary handicap permit and can park in the front row so I won't have to deal with walking across the parking lot! If things go ok I will be out every weekend like always. If not, I will sit things out until after the hardware come out.

We look forward to seeing everyone again and having another great year at 'fest!..

Ouchie!!!!  :o

Hope it feels better soon!!
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

der idee_mann

OUCH is right! Storm, I've been there done that but mine was shattered, they had to take the pieces out with tweezers, not fun feel better soon!

Charlotte Rowan

For those that do not know (mainly those not on facebook...LoL), I broke my knee cap back in May. I had surgery to repair it and was suppose to be fine for the start of 'fest, but one of the pins in my knee shifted (a not uncommon thing with broken knee caps) and makes walking for me a bit painful. I can get around if I "straight leg it" and actually do walk like I have a peg leg! But, that's slow, plodding and not a lot of fun. All the hardware will be coming out of my knee the week after Labor Day, so I should be good to go then. I want to try opening day and see how it goes. Thankfully, I have a temporary handicap permit and can park in the front row so I won't have to deal with walking across the parking lot! If things go ok I will be out every weekend like always. If not, I will sit things out until after the hardware come out.

We look forward to seeing everyone again and having another great year at 'fest!..

Ow ow ow ow!! Hope everything goes as planned so you can be out at Fest with us!!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

winterland

We are trying to make the breakfast. Will update if we can.
Are there ever other breakfast get togethers on other weekends?

Capt. Bacardi

Drink more rum it kills any pain....well it works for me at least... :o  ;D
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Storm

[/quote]

Drink more rum it kills any pain....well it works for me at least... :o  ;D
[/quote]

Trust me, I know how well "liquid pain killers" work! How do you think I have been getting by these past few months!...LoL

Lady_Lily

Hope to see you one of the first two weekends Storm!!!
Also hope you can make it around relatively pain free!

If I can make it out to breakfast, I'll see about bringing out some goodies to share too! Still thinking up ideas as I may be camping the night before.

Leyla

Quote from: winterland on August 07, 2009, 12:03:45 PM
We are trying to make the breakfast. Will update if we can.
Are there ever other breakfast get togethers on other weekends?

In the past there have typically been one or two more breakfasts. I think usually Labor Day weekend and the last weekend. If I remember right though they haven't planned very far in advance.

Charlotte Rowan

Ok to be healthy, I will bring yogurt and granola. It's coming up soon! Yay!
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Marietta Graziella

Hey Sleepy, time to get a page 12 going on this thing.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Sorcha

Yes... Page 12 please.  I don't know what to bring.  I'm thinking scones tho.
It's just not faire without scones.  ;)

Goody

OK since I'm on the road and find it difficult to cook I will bring assorted juices.

SleepyArcher

PAGE 12!!!!!!!!
Here it is! It seems like we will have a good group attending. I will hopefully be getting there as the parking gates open and get to "the grove" to set up. I will update who is coming and what they are bringing as people post.

Sleepy/Ren Jen: fruit and a table.
Ferret: Caribou Coffee/Tea
Synn/Toar: Muffin(s), utensils, plate & napkins
W Trillium: sausage pinwheels
Lady Lily:
Sorcha/Rune: scones
Goody & mum: juices
Charlotte and Rob: Yogurt & granola
Carpathian:
Gauwyn of Brocknell & family: Banana bread
Winterland: eggbake
EscherBlacksmith: maybe
Harem_pants: maybe, although after keeping watch all night it would be good for you to get breakfast before bed :)
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

SleepyArcher

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 06, 2009, 03:31:12 PM
Yay!!

I have a few ideas of what to bring... I'll let you guys decide. Here are the options, tell me which one soudns best:

1. Banana bread
2. Some juices (OJ and maybe grapefruit)
3. Yogurt and granola

I vote for banana bread...

SleepyArcher

due to babysitting issues we won't be there until a little after 8am.  :-\