News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

August 8th @ 5pm is the Next Sherwood Forest Faire Gathering

Started by rengypsy, June 19, 2009, 09:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

*Teach*

*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

MacKee

Aye...me and the wife are planning to be there  :)

three kegs?  ;D
The Order of Culloden Moor

JackGonzo, MD

it really does...tonight for example...while the wine Werewolf was enjoyable it was not as enjoyable as rum
On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero.

rengypsy

if any of you have game ideas for the kids during the gathering, share them.  though they have seen quite content with running around and making up their own games.

we will likely not have the bow and arrow area on the 8th...due to liability and having to have someone responsible to act as adult supervisor...as most of the faire staff will be busy with vendor questions and grounds tours.

rengypsy
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

dbaldock

Do you have any Rope Swings or Climbing Nets set up yet?

On a Hot Day in August, some sort of Water Spray/Sprinkler/Fountain is sure to get played in! (even by the adults)   ;D

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

JohnO

Greets to ye all an allow me to entroduce meself.

The names John O'Reilly, call me JohnO, Sea Rover of Gijon and a Rakish Rogue on both land and sea.

I have all ready met the venerable Lord Eric and had the fortunate business to work the grounds with his partner and nephew lord Zane this past Sat. I also met Lord Eric's young sons and even showed the older of the two, Adrian, how to toss the caber, which is an oddity considerin I'm of Erie not Argyle but hey it's all Gaelic en the end  :D.

Anyways Sherwood is directly accross the roadway from me Uncle and Aunts Manor, and I meself live just a Swallows flight away on Sayers Road, soo I will be walkin the fair this upcomming weekend as well as the weekend of August 8th, jus cus I can and also because I intend to do everything I can to help this latest Cent. Texas faire stick around fer good.

On August 8th I intend to come out early and will bring a wood lopper, me drum, and a bottle, or two or three or MORE, of me Da's homemade mead.

See all ye merry mirth makers when I see ya.

-JohnO
Call me JohnO Ishmael.

MysticXSab

Well met, JohnO! Hopefully I'll get a chance to share a drink and fell a tree or two with ya this upcoming meetup.
Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

mpullen

Well, I intended to spend the morning of August 8th with my submarine veterans group, but I think I'll pass the honors to my second in command.

I'll probably take a half day off from work Friday and head up early that afternoon after picking up my children (read that as dogs). I'll pack the truck with the generator, gas, water, etc. Thursday.

Anyway, if folks are interested in learning drumming (djembe, etc), I have a few DVDs and books. I can setup the DVD player and TV in the faire area if there is a power source available. If power source is not there, I can play the tutorials at my travel trailer by the buildings in the participants campgrounds. Over the past couple of years I have managed to get several folks doing decent drummings from showing the DVDs (personally I have gotten worse myself). I'll bring my djembes and gundum for folks to use. Hey, after a few glasses of alcohol, any drumming sounds good. I can give a basic tutorial but beyond that, the professionals will have to cut in.

Also, during the faire area clearing session on Saturday morning, I am available to tour folks through the Playtron campgrounds. To repeat my previous posts, groups need to come out a stake out their claims, marking the area so others can see the areas claimed. Folks don't need to immediately start clearing the area, due to the heat. They just have to stake a claim before December, when I will start clearing the general camping area (i.e., non reserved camping areas).

Once the owners have a bulldozer or brush-hog available for my use, I'll start clearing the general camping areas, which cannot be reserved.

Zaubon

I won't claim any drumming ability, but I will have my bodrhan with me if anyone else wants to try it.   ;)

Captain Kilian

We may be there, might be a not-over-night trip, but it all depends how things pan out the next few days. Might have family in town.
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

JohnO

And thee same goes fer me Mystic, well met.

See ya when I see ya me bucko.
Call me JohnO Ishmael.

rengypsy

should be fun
hope a good crowd turns out next saturday for the gathering
showers look great...tho a bit of a walk as they are situated behind green woode stage
looking for some deals on kegs at present

will be seeking some architectural and/or design ideas from some of you
we have built basic structures for drink and rental booths and need to decorate them up a bit with small budgets...so looking for some creative flourishes from within some of your minds/spirits.

some folk have asked what kinds of food to bring for the pot luck.
just hasten back to your ol' church days and bring anything like a casserole, dip, etc.
some might be bringing cookers
i would ask that yall be able to identify your dish as vegetarian, if it is, as there are a fair amount of vegetarians in the group (our family being among them)
there will be two large tables to put the dishes on when you get there

beer will be on tap
water and soft drinks will be iced down in coolers
wine will be here and there--its cheap box wine...so if you have higher tastes, better bring your own

tours of the grounds will likely start around 5pm

music and stage events should start at sunset

hoping for a drumming circle to get under way at midnight

see yall next weekend

remember, there is a volunteer work morning on the 8th beginning at 9am...if ya feel so inclined.

august 8th
5pm til late
camping encouraged
kid and family friendly
portapotty and trees
showers

the making of Sherwood Forest Faire

it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

Bonny Pearl

we are really excited about coming out!  can't wait to see everything!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

dbaldock

I picked up a "Landscaping Axe" at Home Depot yesterday.  It should work well for clearing roots and vines.

The long-range forecast for next Saturday is Partly Cloudy and 101° F.   :o

See: WeatherUnderground - Paige, TX

I'm glad you're going to have the showers for us to Cool Off & Clean Up!

When you get the Pirate zone built, maybe you can operate a "historical" water park to keep folks cool during the Summers ... LOL!

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Captain Kilian

Looks like we will be there! looking forward to seeing it for the first time!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14