News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

PBASE and resizing question

Started by Capt Gabriela Fullpepper, June 21, 2009, 09:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

For those of you that use pbase.com
One is how do you upload your files? In a zipped file or singles. I've tried the zip file and still trying to figure it out. Also do you convert your files down in size. I take photos at full 8.1 megapixal. These means most of my photos are 3+MB in size. Do you use a batch conversion to make them smaller or do it on your own with what ever is built into your system like windos media veiwer. When I place photos on my site I use Frontpage and size the photo's down usually to 640X480 and this brings the photo size down to anywhere from 35l to 150k in size.

So all help is appreciated.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Malcolm

I haven't had much luck with the zip file option. I use the "expanded upload view" just below the "Upload Photos to this Gallery" bow. You can upload 23 files at a time, slow, but it works.

You can reduce the amount of space you are using at the "Original Image Processing" box. This will reduce the size of your image to PBase's large size.

Hope this helps.
http://www.pbase.com/lordmalcolm
YOS,
Malcolm Abernethy
Knight Commander, Order of the Blue Ribbon
IBRSC #1272
1608 Society
"Be the best you can be... considering."

lys1022

As stated above, the expanded file upload will let you load up to 23 at a time without having to zip the files.  I've not had luck with that either, though I know others who have.

If you click the "Delete Originals" option in your gallery set up, it will load the files, create the small, medium, and large versions, then delete the original you've uploaded.  That saves a TON of space.

Feel free to hit the forums over there.  The people are very nice and good about helping folks get started.  Also, the FAQs over there are pretty decent.  Feel free to poke around my galleries if you like, btw.   I always enjoy hearing from people about my photos! :)

http://www.pbase.com/lys1022
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Thanks guys for the help./ I kind of figured it all out or started to after a good nights sleep and clearing my mind as I had a millionother things (HTML from my personal site) running through my head.

I figured pbase would be a good place to post so others can see other photos beyond what I decide I want on my personal site. Since HTML is so time consuming dumping the photos to pbase seemed like a good plan and that way as I mentioned others can decide which ones they like best over what I like best.

Thanks again and HUZZAH!

OH nice photos on both sites Thanks for sharing.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Jon Foster

I upload everything to PBase no larger the 800 pixels on the longest side. Usually I do them one at a time when I'm editing. If I'm moving entire galleries around from site to site I'll use the zip upload. It does take a while with a large zip file but you can start the upload and go eat or something...

Jon.