News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I need help finding a good pirate name.

Started by Sir. Kindle, June 23, 2009, 01:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which name is better?

Captain Red Herring
2 (15.4%)
Captain Black Berry
5 (38.5%)
Captain Berry Little
2 (15.4%)
Captain Black Jack
0 (0%)
Captain N. Tennille
2 (15.4%)
Captain Drift Wood
2 (15.4%)
Captain Cotton Tail
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Sir. Kindle

Hello all,

Last Sunday, I went to a Pirate faire and had a great time. However, I quite literally threw my outfit together the night before going and never had the chance to think of a good pirate name. I'd like to find a "real" pirate name and would love some help. I'm looking for something that sounds good, but is funny, or has a funny twist to it when you combine the first and last names together.

A friend and I have come up with several names so far, but I'd like your opinion on them, or some ideas of your own. Remember, if you like any of the names, they were my idea, if you don't, they were my friend's ideas. ;D

I look forward to reading your responses

Taffy Saltwater

There's already a Black Jack, so that's probably out.  How's about Cut Throat?
Sveethot!

VIII

Captain Cuthbert "Cut-throat" Marooney at yer serice!
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

Bonny Pearl

Perhaps somehow incorporating your name 'Kindle' into it would work.

something along the lines of... Cap'n Kindling O'Current (for fair winds) or something like that... maybe... i dunno...  :D ::)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

BLAKDUKE

If you don't mind taking somthing from a movie how about using the Italian alternate of drift wood(which you already have on your list, from the Count of Monte Cristo = Zatara.       I.E. Captain Zatara.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Sir. Kindle

Thanks for the great responses!

First and foremost, Captain Cuthbert can keep "Cut-Throat"...Very cool looking, but I think I'm going to have nightmares after seeing that picture.

Now, I figured there'd already be a Captain Black Jack, I just thought I'd throw it out there and see. As for using 'Kindle' in the name, I actually had another name that I liked, but forgot to add it to the poll list. How does "Captain Kindle Wood" Sound? I like this name a lot and it hold's something personal behind it as well. Still, it's not that funny and I was really looking for a name that made people smile when they heard it.

Cap'n Kindling O'Current is pretty cool. However, I'm bad enough with my "English" accent (if you can actually call it that). I doubt I could pull off an Irish accent. Besides, I'm Scottish and my Grandmother would roll over in her grave if I ever used an Irish name. ;)

I also like Captain Zatara, but my friend is already stretching it a bit by stealing his title from the Princess Bride. He calls himself "The Dread Pirate MacCloud." I don't know if I too want to steal my name from a movie (or book, for that matter).

Thanks for all the great ideas so far. I see that "Captain Black Berry" is winning in the poll so far. I like that name too, but if others who read this thread like something better, or have other suggestions, please to vote and/or comment.

Bonny Pearl

Scottish... oh, that could open things up for several 'sheepish' puns lol!  ;D
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Sir. Kindle

Quote from: Bonny Pearl on June 23, 2009, 06:32:15 PM
Scottish... oh, that could open things up for several 'sheepish' puns lol!  ;D

LOL, wow! I think my Grandmother just rolled over. :o :D :o

Bonny Pearl

yeah, my grandparents probably did too, lol!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

renren

Captain Kindling O'Burnes?

Or, perhaps, Byrnes..
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Sir. Kindle

Quote from: renren on June 23, 2009, 06:50:46 PM

Or, perhaps, Byrnes..

This actually made me laugh. I like it, except that, sadly, it falls under the Irish problem mentioned above. However, you gave me the idea for another name. What do you think of "Captain Kindle Burnes"?

renren

Quote from: Sir. Kindle on June 23, 2009, 07:49:58 PM
Quote from: renren on June 23, 2009, 06:50:46 PM

Or, perhaps, Byrnes..

This actually made me laugh. I like it, except that, sadly, it falls under the Irish problem mentioned above. However, you gave me the idea for another name. What do you think of "Captain Kindle Burnes"?
LOL! I understand the accent thing! Captain Kindle Burnes sounds great!
Renren
Wench  #  3783
Treasure Guardian and giggling interrogator of the "Feisty Lady"

Guppy # 32 ROoL

Anna Iram

Kindle Burnes is wonderful. :) :) I hope this one wins out!

Tammy

Yeah...I wanna change my vote to Cpt. Kindle Burnes!!
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

BLAKDUKE

Or how about Capt. Kindle Burney, Burney Kindle.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel