News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Santa Fe Renaissance Festival

Started by Zoë, June 25, 2009, 11:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Page1andbeyond

I LIVE IN SANTA FE (hopefully) AND I WILL DEFINITELY BE THERE but I dont want to go by myself, IF SOMEONE IS GOING DONT GO WITHOUT ME.......gimie a call!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Hibernian

On no, just found this thread, and can't get there this year. Good luck and hope to see it next year.

My wife and I love Santa Fe, always stay at Las Palomas over on W San Francisco St, and we also liked Rancho de Chimayo. We would love to come out, bring the garb and play. After all, with my monastic habit, Brother Timothy would be right at home. Hope to see yo next year.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Zoë

If you make it to Santa Fe this year, you will have the pleasure of meeting this curious little fae, her name is Fritzie and she was recently spotted on the Festival grounds.  I think she's been scared off for the rest of the season though.  I hear from a confident source that she will be migrating south for the faire there.

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

If it can be discovered what lout it was that scared off this lovely creature for the rest of the season, he or she should placed in the stocks until Santa Fe is over!
Just call me "Your Grace"

Francisco Paula

I swear i was no where near there with a huge butterfly net (hides said net behind his back)

Zoë

A commercial for the Santa Fe renaissance festival I located, there's a few familiar faces in it...(If you can't locate us, stop it at 41 seconds in ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITeP6Dkg0k
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hibernian

Quote from: Zoë on August 04, 2009, 08:47:31 PM
A commercial for the Santa Fe renaissance festival I located, there's a few familiar faces in it...(If you can't locate us, stop it at 41 seconds in ;) )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xITeP6Dkg0k

nicely done, thanks for posting. It only increased the hope and desire to attend next year.
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges!"

Norfolk

For those planning or contemplating a trip to the Santa Fe Festival:  According the the weather guessers at weatherunderground.com, the average high for September 19 & 20 is 77 degrees, with a range of 60 to 88.  Average rain chance is 20%.

Zoë

Last year the weather was gorgeous.  It was probably closer to 80+ though, and the first day it was a bit hot.  It could have been 5 degrees cooler and be perfection.  Nevertheless it's beautiful down there.  Sun all day, not a cloud in the sky.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Norfolk

Zoe!  Don't you know better than to tempt the weather gods this way, Lass??

Zoë

Drat!  That's right, what am I thinking....the weather was HORRIBLE down there, rained and thundered and hailed all day!  Plus can't forget the tornado, golly that was a mess to clean up...

(Or does that make it worse?  ;))
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

Hmm Pirate bash......Santa fe......Pirate bash......Santa fe.......Pirate bash a bunch of drunk pirates.....Santa fe a bunch of drunk nobles......damn this is to hard.  ;D :o ::) ;)

Zoë

Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Zoë

If anyone is looking for a decent hotel in the Santa Fe area, I would suggest the La Quinta Inn; it's just off I-25 and is less than 10 minutes away from the faire site by car.  You can book a room for less than $80 a night (cheaper if you have a military ID or an AARP membership); I was doing price comparisons and it's about the cheapest hotel in the vicinity.  My family and I stayed there last year and it's really not too bad at all.  Free breakfast.  It is also *right* next door to an Applebees, where I was going to propose having a group dinner on Saturday night of the faire.  It's not Chili's, but close enough!
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Francisco Paula

But that is the night of the pirate bash at red and jerrys