News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, June 26, 2009, 06:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celtic Lady

Rowan MacD

Sorry I haven't been on in a week or so.   The new pup is running me ragged.
David and I will be there the opening weekend for sure. we will also try for one of the remaining weekends.
~Rowen
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Keno

I'm hopefuly going to be there everyday of the faire. 
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are coming and all I know so far is it is not the Labor day weeked (going to KCRF)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Celtic Lady

We're still not sure when we will be there but we will be there. Sir Morgan's job is creating such unsureness for everything. The only thing that is for sure is that he has the time off for our shower and the wedding.

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Celtic Lady on August 26, 2009, 07:37:12 PM
We're still not sure when we will be there but we will be there. Sir Morgan's job is creating such unsureness for everything. The only thing that is for sure is that he has the time off for our shower and the wedding.
David and I hope you can be there! 
IWG wench #3139 

Celtic Lady

Well it looks like we'll be there the 13th and hopefully one of the days for the last weekend. I so cannot wait  ;D.

Lord Clisto of York

We are all gearing up for it. only 5 days away. I shall be there with the court each weekend.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Rowan MacD

Quote from: sir clisto on August 31, 2009, 10:15:48 PM
We are all gearing up for it. only 5 days away. I shall be there with the court each weekend.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York

It occurs to me that I have yet to make your acquaintance face-to-face your Grace. I shall make it a point for my Laird and I to attend the Queen at the earliest opportunity. 
  ~Rowen aka Lorilei
IWG wench #3139 

Lord Clisto of York

Why thank the Rowen, the pleasure would be mine. I am looking forward to it. I pray the gods keep weather wonderful so all can enjoy the grand opening for the season.
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lady Rosalind

I hope to see everyone out at the Faire this season!!! The site is looking very lovely, with more grass, more plants, a cement floor in the feasting hall, a roof on the guild hall, and more! I was thrilled to see the site looking so good this year! They've added shade to the children's stage area, and the minstrel stage. Plus, the weather is supposed to be perfect this weekend, no rain, mid-70s, and low humidity! Can you tell I'm thrilled about the weather!!!!

Stop by the Royal Court area for an audience with the Queen and King. The weapons talk is at 1:30, Fashion Show is at 3:30 (you'll get to see me in my renaissance undies!). The closing gate starts at 5:30, and is rated PG-13 this year.  ;)

2009 Dates, Hours and Themes:

10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily, rain or shine. (Show up early to catch the opening gate show, starting around 9:45 a.m.)
September 5-6-7 - Highland Fling - Kilts & Celts
Honor is not dead at the Des Moines Renaissance Faire! Partake in the pageantry of noble knights vying for fair damsels. Compete in games of skill and chance and show off your prowess. Collect tokens of esteem and be dubbed "the most chivalrous man or woman" by Queen Catherine. Proudly sport your clan's tartan colors and proclaim your heritage September 5-7! All hail the Queen!
September 12-13 - Royal Romance - Favors & Flavors
September 12 and 13 may also be called the "weekend of wine, women, and song" for these are the days to celebrate the best in grape-stomping, romantic-nuzzling, and nuptial ceremonies. Come, join in the authentic English court dances, savor fine wines and ales, and steal kisses from the one you love! Yonder comes my lover!
September 19-20 - Buccaneer Pirates - Treasure & Pleasure
On September 19-20 the good folke of the Des Moines Renaissance Faire invite you to walk the plank! The 19th is International Talk Like A Pirate Day. Come rub shoulders with the scurviest dogs you've ever met this side of the high seas. Or toss back a tankard with the prettiest and liveliest
wenches in all of Christendom. Aaargh, mateys!
2009 Pricing and Discounts

Prices Included Tax:
Adult One Day Pass   $16
Adult Two Day Pass   $23
Ages 5-12   $8
Under 5   FREE
Season Pass (all 7 days)   $30
Group discounts   Call 515-262-4100

Doc Tyma

Hmmnnn ... m'thinks that last date may have promise for some wandering down I-80.
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Rowan MacD

I cant' wait!  
  David and I were planning all 3 days this weekend, but my grandchild's first birthday is on
Saturday and we have a Party at 3, so we will miss the first day  :(.
  Rest assured we will be packing up the new puppy (he loves everybody, but needs to get used to crowds since he is going to be with us at Celtic festivals) and heading out to Des Moines tomorrow evening.  See you all on Sunday and Monday!
 Huzzah!

Note to parents of furry babies: the Directorie of Renaissance faires site  incorrectly lists 'Pets not allowed', they are, but there is a lot of (necessary) red tape. 
   Those bringing dogs or cats, make sure you schlep along vaccination records.  Your vet can print you a copy if you need one.  Dogs need a muzzle (I'm still looking for one that will fit a 9 week old Scotty) 

http://www.dmrenfaire.com/policies.shtml

IWG wench #3139 

Keno

This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Gauwyn of Bracknell

we are planning to be there next Sunday - if anyone would like to meet up, give us a place and time (one of those that knows the faire would be good).  We have done this at other faires and it is nice to meet the forum members.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell