News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lodging recommendations?

Started by Higgins, July 02, 2009, 07:42:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Higgins

Greetings and salutations! We are trying to plan a trip to your village in Aug. Does anyone have any recommendations as to a decent place to stay? I was considering the Holiday Inn in Belle Vernon but it didn't have a very good review any suggestions? I would like to find somewhere close but not isolated from civilization

anne of oaktower

Greetings, Higgins! 

M'lord and I have oft lodged at the Comfort Inn in New Stanton.  There are several other options available there, but the Comfort Inn is the only one I have been in.  We have always found it to be clean and quite comfortable. 

We look forward to your visit to our fair shire  ;D  Do be sure to stop in at Morgan's Bounty and say hello!
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

Professor M

There are several fine places in New Stanton.  I don't know where you're coming from, but New Stanton is a great location.  It's at the intersection of I-70 and I-76, the PA Turnpike.  It's only 6 miles from the faire.

My brother prefers the Fairfield Inn when he comes to visit.  He likes the free breakfast.  There is also a Quality Inn and a Howard Johnson's.  I don't know much about those.  There are also several low-end restaurants nearby.  Most nights after faire you'll see many of the cast at the Eat 'n Park.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me."
~ C.S. Lewis

jayadancer

There's a Comfort Inn on Route 51 (probably listed as Belle Vernon or Smithton) that's not 6 minutes from the site and absolutely top-notch.  I stayed in it during a "fest emergency" last season and it was gorgeous, clean, well-staffed, friendly, and comfy!
~The Mystic Deliria, The Madness Amorous~