News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I will NOT be at the faire on July 5th...

Started by CapnJack, June 29, 2009, 06:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CapnJack

And neither will Captain Jack Sparrow (well... except... y'know...), or Captain McCool...

HOWEVER:
You might just see a bloke who looks rather similar to the aformentioned gentlemen... only, well, uglier.

This gentleman (and I use that term lightly) does not know you.  Any of you.  But rest assured, he's friendly (if perhaps just a smidge deranged), and will gladly engage you in conversation.  Loud, obnoxious, and generally nonsensical conversation.  He may even think he recognizes you from... before.  But rest assured, he does not, and in all honesty has no earthly clue who you are.

He will be traveling with an equally strange female companion who, like himself, hasn't quite put together the fact that she did actually make it off the island.

That is all I will say for now.  I hope to see you all very soon.  But not this weekend  ;)
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Mischief Snicklebritches

I cant wait to not see you, or Jack or Cap'n McCool  ;D  ;)
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

CapnJack

Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 29, 2009, 08:20:51 PM
But will he have a Hamster?

Not to my knowlege... but he might have a rat...

Hey, if you've got a hamster, I could always keep it in my cage with the rat!

...I mean... he could... not me... I mean, I... yeah...
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Since last you visited... err didn't visit, there has been a Hamster explosion. Two, 2 weeks ago, five this weekend, I suspect we will have ten come Saturday... the little buggers breed like rats... err Hamsters. But to be truthful their not really hamsters... their demonically plague infested children rescued from a burning orphangae by a certain knight of Whitehall.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Hey- Arent You?

Right.  got it.  Gilligan & May Ann.

what? no?

nevermind.

we'll cut the tail off the rat & call it a hamster.  we have people who can "take care of it".
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Zoë

The explosion of the hamster population is really rather like...normal hamsters, actually.  I learned that one the hard way...

Anyway, I will not be looking out for you this weekend, Cap'n Jack.  Will be a bummer to not have you there.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

Quote from: CapnJack on June 29, 2009, 06:29:25 PM

He will be traveling with an equally strange female companion who, like himself, hasn't quite put together the fact that she did actually make it off the island.

And which island might that be? 

Okay, fine, if you're not going than I'm not going. To say hi. To you. Who won't actually be there.

BTW, you should stop by so I can see what it is you do not look like. I wasn't all that impressed with Capn Jack in the first place though he was quite spectacular.  ;)

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Tanda

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 29, 2009, 08:52:23 PM
Right.  got it.  Gilligan & May Ann.

what? no?

nevermind.

we'll cut the tail off the rat & call it a hamster.  we have people who can "take care of it".

Oooh the ideas! Now I wish we had a Pirate Weekend again. Dang.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)

Blushing

Well ... it is IS prince-princess-pirate weekend this weekend, and of course the kiddos ... could be interesting.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Esperacchius

Quote from: CapnJack on June 29, 2009, 06:29:25 PM
And neither will Captain Jack Sparrow (well... except... y'know...), or Captain McCool...

HOWEVER:
You might just see a bloke who looks rather similar to the aformentioned gentlemen... only, well, uglier.

This gentleman (and I use that term lightly) does not know you.  Any of you.  But rest assured, he's friendly (if perhaps just a smidge deranged), and will gladly engage you in conversation.  Loud, obnoxious, and generally nonsensical conversation.  He may even think he recognizes you from... before.  But rest assured, he does not, and in all honesty has no earthly clue who you are.

That is all I will say for now.  I hope to see you all very soon.  But not this weekend  ;)

*claps and jumps up and down excitedly* I KNOW WHAT THIS IS!!!  LOL!
"Childhood is that period in life that ends when we begin to see a puddle as an obstacle instead of an opportunity."

Hey- Arent You?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Ah, so there be castaways amongst us at faire. I did not catch their names but I see they must have been stranded in Larkspurshire a good length of time (how they made it to Chili's is another matter).

Huzzah to both of 'em and their little rat buddy and hope to see them again!
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Avan

The rain must have been worst than I thought to have washed those two all the way up to Larkspurshire.

CapnJack

Heh, thanks for the support guys!  We had a great time playing!  I was glad to be able to interact with everyone as a character, rather than just as Michael.

And yes, that's my explanation.  The rain was so powerful that it washed two big ships aground in Larkspurshire, as well as a pub, a few pirates, and two very deranged castaways.

-Mark Twain

The Professor

And where to Pirate Castaway Ratcatchers go?

Mount... ARrrrrrrrr A Rat!

For the ark-ives.

Best!
"People?  YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE'D BE PEOPLE!"

Radu the Gypsy

Back in yer box Teach....back in yer box.