News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Central Missouri Renaissance Festival Oct 2009

Started by Lord and Lady Alberon, October 02, 2008, 11:12:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord and Lady Alberon

Just wanted to let everyone know about one last Renaissance Festival in Missouri. HUZZAH!!

4th Annual Central Missouri Renaissance Festival
October 17th & October 18th
Boone County Fairgrounds
Columbia, Missouri
10am to 6pm
Admission is $5 at the gate. Children 5 and under are free.

;D ;DCeltic Music by 3 Pints Gone ;D ;D

http://centralmorenfest.com/

***If anyone planning on attending?

FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

Lord and Lady Alberon

Possible appearance by Ladies of the Salty Kiss

:D  HUZZAH !!!!   :D
FOKTOP
Royal Order of Landsharks

Butch

I may be able to make that!  We shall see.  I'll check my dance card.

Thank-you for the info!!

kcdcchef

awesome! good for you guys, keep plugging along. i read about it a few years ago and am very happy you are still making it go.

Butch

OK!  I will be there, and my son will be there.  I hope they have that tomahawk throw they show in their short ad!

Thank-you for posting this!  I'm really looking forward to this faire!

Butch

...and I will be sporting my RF pin on my thrum cap!

Butch

Amyj

BUNDLE UP!!!  Well, Sat at least!  Hope Lord Logan has his warmies on...we are looking forward to seeing him!!!  :)
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

kcdcchef

Quote from: Amyj on October 16, 2009, 06:27:29 AM
BUNDLE UP!!!  Well, Sat at least!  Hope Lord Logan has his warmies on...we are looking forward to seeing him!!!  :)

eh, it will be a heat wave this weekend compared to last!

Butch

There was a definite chill in the air!  Thank goodness I had enough clothing!  The wind was quite brisk; knocking down various things throughout the day.  We got there at opening, and left about 2:30.  The entertainment by 3 Pints Gone was phenominal!  Got to rub elbows with them a bit, very personable group of people!

Also, got to meet up with the wonderful Ladies of the Salty Kiss!  Consummate professionals, these ladies!  I really enjoyed seeing them again.  Regret that they didn't have a show that I was able to catch yesterday.  I'll have to wait until next Spring, in Omaha!

Small faire, but very friendly.  I have no complaint of the prices of anything.  All the vendors were very reasonable.  They were missing a blacksmith, but my son tells me (he asked the management) that the blacksmith was scheduled, but unable to make it.  What kept running through my head yesterday was that this was what a village faire would actually be; small but complete.

Admission was only $5; parking was close, plentiful and free; the privvies (both of them) had multiple fixtures, and RUNNING WATER.  Kinda limited on the food and drink, and no adult beverages.  The big thing at this faire was the combat with foam weapons.  LOTS of that going on!

I caught 3 different singing groups, and a belly dancing troupe.

Lots of entertainment for 5 bucks!

Good job Central MO Ren Fest!  You're everything a small faire should be.

kcdcchef

any pictures butch? would love to see what the place looks like.

Butch

Regrettably, I did not take a single photo.  I will get with my son and his girlfriend to see if they took any.

Amyj

We got some photos...I'll try to get them loaded in soon.  We had a great time...wish we could have stayed for the sun on Sunday...but still a good time!  Loved the more intimate venue with Three Pints...Famous Amos foods is spectacular!!!!  And with a little "doctoring" their Pirate punch was great!!!!
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

kcdcchef

Quote from: Amyj on October 20, 2009, 05:23:50 PM
We got some photos...I'll try to get them loaded in soon.  We had a great time...wish we could have stayed for the sun on Sunday...but still a good time!  Loved the more intimate venue with Three Pints...Famous Amos foods is spectacular!!!!  And with a little "doctoring" their Pirate punch was great!!!!

didnt i meet you at the chess match in kc, amyj?