News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trillium

They were $18 last year. It may be just a difference in fees with the new ticket vendor.
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Sir Martin

Quote from: Lord Argyl of Lochdubh on April 13, 2021, 11:58:09 PM
I hope old members return and new ones join. This is a great place and I love it. I too had been a member that quit checking and soon forgot about this place. One day out of the clear blue I remembered about the site and started back up on here. This site was once jam packed and full of posts, I hope it will rise again one day soon.

Good to see thee, Lord Argyl.  I agree with KiltedPrivateer about the "other place."  My dissatisfaction remains the same.  So many people you cannot possibly keep up with all of it.  They do not allow anyone to use their faire name (if anyone uses a faire name, someone else can report it and FB will lock the account).  You can't make a thread with a title.  It is so much easier to keep up with a large amount of messages if they are organized into threads that you can read (or not) depending on your preferences.

I get notifications if a friend leaves a message, but it isn't nearly as good as this forum. 

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Sir Martin on May 05, 2021, 10:27:58 PM
Quote from: Lord Argyl of Lochdubh on April 13, 2021, 11:58:09 PM
I hope old members return and new ones join. This is a great place and I love it. I too had been a member that quit checking and soon forgot about this place. One day out of the clear blue I remembered about the site and started back up on here. This site was once jam packed and full of posts, I hope it will rise again one day soon.

Good to see thee, Lord Argyl.  I agree with KiltedPrivateer about the "other place."  My dissatisfaction remains the same.  So many people you cannot possibly keep up with all of it.  They do not allow anyone to use their faire name (if anyone uses a faire name, someone else can report it and FB will lock the account).  You can't make a thread with a title.  It is so much easier to keep up with a large amount of messages if they are organized into threads that you can read (or not) depending on your preferences.

I get notifications if a friend leaves a message, but it isn't nearly as good as this forum. 

So true. It is a horrid interface. And what's really sad, is the up and coming net users are going to think that that is how internet communications is supposed to be.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

GO BUY YOUR TICKETS TODAY!!!! ;D
Got faerie dust?

Breandan

I agree with KiltedPrivateer about the "other place."

I left all social media but periodic check-ins here and a gaming Discord we use for voice chat a year and some change ago. Best decision of my life for my sanity, but problematic when it comes to staying in touch. Still, here I remain
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Breandan on May 30, 2021, 08:30:26 PM
I agree with KiltedPrivateer about the "other place."

I left all social media but periodic check-ins here and a gaming Discord we use for voice chat a year and some change ago. Best decision of my life for my sanity, but problematic when it comes to staying in touch. Still, here I remain

I frequent that "other site" as that is where my clan makes our plans.  Unless I know the source of any posts there, I don't believe most of what I read.  I also refuse to get involved in any political or moral discussions.  This helps with what remains of my sanity.

Now, on to more important discussions.  We are a bit over a month from the beginning of the countdown.  Has anyone heard from Fraser? 
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I'm still alive and hanging in limbo.

Not sure how far the information has gotten so ill drop the 411 here.

I've been diagnosed with a brain tumor.  I've lost 50% of my left side mobility/dexterity.  I'm told it's benign but it sure doesn't feel that way.  The little space invader decided that just attaching to my brain stem wasn't enough, so it hooked on to my spine as well.

The last week or two have truly sucked.

I'm looking at going under the knife, twice, in the next month or so.

I bought my camping pass and ticket, although I may not leave camp.  I'll be there, he'll or high water, unless I roll snake eyes and my ticket gets punched.

Love and miss you all.  If we are not fated to meet again, raise a glass for me and I'll buy the first round on the other side.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

If necessary we can get you and Kilted Privateer each a scooter.  Then the three of us will roll all over New Market on All Hallows, causing women to swoon and small children & dogs to wet themselves.  Or maybe vise versa....
We can call ourselves "THE WHEELED ONES".
It will be fun, till we get ejected....
So don't worry Fraser, I got it all planned out.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

I love this idea Keeper
(o:
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

I don't know if Fraser is going to make it but I will steal his thunder just in case to keep it going.

100 DAYS

It will be tough to wait that long.   Say that every year.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

And I am not talking bottles of beer on the wall.   They wouldn't last long in the campground anyway.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen