News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: LadyJessica on October 10, 2021, 11:12:16 PM
Fraser is up and walking...with a walker, but he's at least walking.  He went home last week but still doesn't have full sensation in his left arm.  We're hoping to get him out to faire AHE...even if it's just a quick visit to the campgrounds to say hi Saturday night.

Thanks for the update Jess. Sure hope his recovery doesn't take too long. Hope to see him back on the forums before long.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: KeeperoftheBar on October 11, 2021, 07:12:49 AM
Opening day was fantastic.  Weather was warm but dry.  Grass in the campground was high in places due to last week's rain but inside the grounds were excellent.  A bit of confusion entering the campground due to the change is pricing half way through the summer but with a little more experience it should go fine.  Saw many friends, drank a fair amount of beer and ogled a swarm of lovely ladies.  And StudMuffin enjoyed all of the attention.  All in all, a great day.

Glad you had a great weekend Keeper. Hope we'll see some pics soon from the photo gurus. If any of them still frequent this site.
Lover of Lady Kitara

KiltedPrivateer

Uh oh,  The post countdown quiet is setting in
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

I can't wait for Sunday!! The weather is looking absolutely perfect!
Got faerie dust?

Trillium

Had a great time yesterday at faire. The weather was perfect! We were shocked at some of the food prices though. $15 for a turkey leg??? That's ridiculous. We didn't see a lot of people walking around with them, and the pricing is why. And $10 for a tiny glass of mead?? Don't think so. I think it was $5 for a bottle if soda. I understand that the cost of everything has gone up in the last year and a half but the food prices are just greed. That's my only gripe.
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

The food prices are set by the individual food vendors. I suspect, purely conjecture, that they are passing on fees imposed on them by TRF. Plus markup for profit.

I have to say it again, did the TRF board hire an ex-Disney exec?
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

I believe the majority of the food vendors and pubs are owned by only 2 or 3 companies, from what I've gathered listening to the podcasts. So there's not much competition and they can charge what they like. I know I'm gonna overpay at any type of fair or festival but it's starting to get ridiculous. We only bought 2 empanadas, 1 sausage on a stick, and a yard of lemonade yesterday. After we left we stopped at McDonalds. We normally would enjoy more food but we were disgusted by the prices.
Got faerie dust?

Amras Elfwine

Hiya, Trillium. The prices are higher now at MDRF as well. Too high for some of it. We eat outside a lot of the time now as well. Cheers! ~ Am
R/F member since 2004
"They say that men who go warring afield look ever to the next hope of food and of drink." ~Tolkien

"Who are you callin' plushy??" ~ Todd the Squirrel

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

PollyPoPo

Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Jumanji!!!!  I mean...happy New year! Let's hope this one is better!
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

It's been a heck of a year. I am happy to see that this site lives on, though FB has stolen most people's attention. I still foresee a time when people will get so frustrated with the FB garbage that they'll look for a change and the pendulum will swing back to forums. Will it happen before the EMPs set us back to the actual renaissance period? Who knows. We can only hope.
Lover of Lady Kitara