News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I keep hoping more people will discover this site and that members will return as well.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Sir Martin

I think that would be nice.  There are several advantages:  The threads are far more easily named and  organized than on FB.  The attaching of photos is easy, and we have a sales section.  We are also NOT under the directives of the Texas Renaissance Festival or any other festival, so members may speak their mind as long as what they say is truthful.

Another bonus is that we may use our faire names here.  On FB, many people have lost their accounts or had their accounts suspended because they were not using their real names.

This is an awesome forum and a resource that can be used by many.

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Sir Martin on May 31, 2022, 11:34:53 AM
I think that would be nice.  There are several advantages:  The threads are far more easily named and  organized than on FB.  The attaching of photos is easy, and we have a sales section.  We are also NOT under the directives of the Texas Renaissance Festival or any other festival, so members may speak their mind as long as what they say is truthful.

Another bonus is that we may use our faire names here.  On FB, many people have lost their accounts or had their accounts suspended because they were not using their real names.

This is an awesome forum and a resource that can be used by many.

:Two Thumbs Up:
(We need more emojis)
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Now for the 2022 countdown.  We got to keep this thread going.

99 Days!
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Howdy Keeper.
Glad you're still around. The board has been awfully quiet.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

97 Days.

And for the first time in years, I don't need to decide what beer to take to the campground.  Due to the insane camping prices, StudMuffin and I will be be Daytripping opening weekend.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

Just 96 days.  Which isn't as much fun as 69.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Well Keeper, at least you'll be going. I think the sun has set on our TRF visits.
We'll continue to focus our energy on SWFF for the foreseeable future.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

At this point, we are planning to camp. But it's the only trip we are taking this year. We got lucky and got free tickets from a friend who won one of the costume contests. So our normal ticket money will cover the camping. Sadly we have to skip our normal anniversary day trip. :-\
Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on July 04, 2022, 07:32:27 AM
Well Keeper, at least you'll be going. I think the sun has set on our TRF visits.
We'll continue to focus our energy on SWFF for the foreseeable future.
[/quote

I'm sorry to hear that KP.  I admit TRF doesn't have the magic it used to, but it is convenient.  Sherwood is great but I spend too much time in The Trip and it becomes difficult to get back to camp.  Last 2 times, StudMuffin threw me on the way back.  Luckily lots of nice people were around to stand us up.   I do plan to get there again in 2023.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KeeperoftheBar

Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

That is a bumpy road. I can easily see how Studmuffin might stumble a bit
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Got faerie dust?