News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KeeperoftheBar

9 (squared) days.

Sounds better than 81...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

This could be another extremely warm opening weekend. Possibly worse than 2005. That was the year of our wedding reception at TRF, and we had guests falling out left and right from heat exhaustion.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on July 20, 2022, 10:16:48 AM
This could be another extremely warm opening weekend. Possibly worse than 2005. That was the year of our wedding reception at TRF, and we had guests falling out left and right from heat exhaustion.

I remember that opening.  It was so hot, I threatened my clan that I might wear shorts in the campground.  And if you ever saw my legs, you would understand the threat. :D
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

KeeperoftheBar

Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Seventy-Eight

Happy Saturday
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

75 Days.

No, not my age but that is how old I feel some Sunday mornings in the campground after a particularly energetic evening riding StudMuffin visiting other clans.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Sheldon's favorite number

73 days
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

KiltedPrivateer

Was Sheldon a ham radio operator? 73 is the common closing to a ham radio conversation. Dates back to the days of morse when common statements were assigned a number to simplify communications. 73 meaning "Best Regards"
Lover of Lady Kitara

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on July 28, 2022, 08:04:58 AM
Was Sheldon a ham radio operator? 73 is the common closing to a ham radio conversation. Dates back to the days of morse when common statements were assigned a number to simplify communications. 73 meaning "Best Regards"

No, on THE BIG BANG THEORY, Sheldon Cooper (played by Jim Parsons) often wears a t-shirt with the number "73" on it.  Simply because he was born in 1973.

Yup - I'm a TV nerd.  Don't get me started on John Wayne trivia...
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Trillium

Got faerie dust?

Trillium

Got faerie dust?