News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

My photo July 4-6 Faire, Toronto

Started by PeterKBurian, July 05, 2009, 10:40:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterKBurian

DeadBishop

Welcome to R/F.com, Peter!  Thanks for sharing; any chance you have more images from this faire?

R/F.com member since 2003

PeterKBurian

Yes, I do; will post a few more tomorrow. It was not a large Faire because the site of the castle is not all that large.

Peter

Aelynn of Georgina

Huzzah! And well met!

I attended yesterday, but I'm very sorry that I did not have my camera, so I couldn't take any photos.  Was this your first Ren Festival?  It was mine, but I'm pretty sure I'm hooked. Were you in costume?

Did the King or Queen, or any of their entourage speak to you?? We bumped smack into Queen Katherine and she was asking me about my daughters (who were also in costume), but I had no idea what to say..... it was so much fun though.

PeterKBurian

Aelynn: I was there on Saturday and found the Queen very friendly; the king did not talk to people. To enjoy and take photos; I was not in costume.

We had a Medieval Fair in Milton, ON for several years (open for 6 weeks each summer) and I did go to that quite often. It closed a couple of years ago.

Also, they have one for a day each year in Waterloo, ON, and I have been to that a few times. It's Sept. 19 this year and it's quite well done too. http://www.royalmedievalfaire.org/

And there will be one for a day in Milton, ON Sept. 26, 27 www.countryrenfest.com or www.fairesintime.com

Peter

PeterKBurian

I uploaded many other photos from the Casa Loma (Toronto) Festival (this past weekend)

Casa Loma Renaissance Festival

Peter

PeterKBurian

Quote from: Deadbishop on July 05, 2009, 05:37:17 PM
Welcome to R/F.com, Peter!  Thanks for sharing; any chance you have more images from this faire?

DONE!

Casa Loma Renaissance Festival

Peter

edited to hide long link in URL tag
mod -RFP

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

I saw your photos of the queen and just loved them - she is an old friend of mine.  She was surprised the photos made it onto the net so quickly! 
It's always time for Chardonnay!