YeOldeRF

Author Topic: Kansas City  (Read 5560 times)

Offline Lavender

• R/F.com Member
  • Ette, nuff said
Kansas City
« on: May 20, 2008, 06:53:26 AM »
Kansas City Renaissance Festival
628 North 126th Street
Bonner Springs, KS  66012

Weekends, Labor Day and Columbus Day
August 30 through October 13, 2008

http://www.kcrenfest.com/
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Offline Brother Gregory

• R/F.com Member
Re: Kansas City
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2008, 02:20:59 PM »
Can't wait until then. I was there in 2006 and spent 2 & 1/2 hours and had a blast that was part of the reason I got into the local faire here in Sioux City. Tried to come last year for the last weekend on Saturday and bring my kids but the weather wouldn't work out they were unhappy and can't wait until this year. I plan to try and attend earlier this year.

Offline TKM

• R/F.com Member
    • My Renspace
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2008, 04:12:07 PM »
maybe my memory has mistaken me, but is it opening earlier than usual this year? i never remember faire starting in august...

Offline Brother Gregory

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 09:44:35 PM »
The last couple of years its started around Labor day weekend and Labor Day is earlier in September this year.

Offline TKM

• R/F.com Member
    • My Renspace
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 08:00:09 AM »
ah... so i see. well, that means a longer faire season, doesnt it?

Offline LadyNiniane

• R/F.com Member
    • Queen's Gambit - Traditional Celtic Music
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2008, 12:18:22 AM »
maybe my memory has mistaken me, but is it opening earlier than usual this year? i never remember faire starting in august...
KCRF always starts on Labor Day weekend.  This year Labor Day is September 1, so the start date for the weekend is still in August.  Doesn't change either the length of the run (still 7 weekends) or the start - it just looks a bit weird because of the way the calendar works this year.

Lady Niniane
Queen's Gambit - I'm the fiddler
----------------------
Lady Niniane
Queen's Gambit - I'm the white-haired fiddler

Offline Doc Tyma

• R/F.com Member
  • so much faire-going - so little time!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2008, 10:25:32 AM »
Hello there!

I am planning to head to the KCRF this fall and am wondering if there is a gathering place for R/F members.  I will be living in Omaha, so making the run is a lot easier than driving from, ya know, Fargo.  Thank you all!

Cheers!  Doc
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

Offline TKM

• R/F.com Member
    • My Renspace
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2008, 08:52:19 PM »
you know, im not sure. i live just a 5-10 minute drive from the fairegrounds and i go all the time, but i've never been told of a gathering place for forum members. if there is, though, someone please let us know!

Offline Emerald Shaunassey

• R/F.com Member
  • Captain Emerald Shaunassey
    • Williams Entertainment
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2008, 12:43:07 AM »
you know, im not sure. i live just a 5-10 minute drive from the fairegrounds and i go all the time, but i've never been told of a gathering place for forum members. if there is, though, someone please let us know!

You are right TKM, in all the years I've worked KCRF, the only gathering place I've ever known about or participated in was when AFR used to do their yearly invasions.  Then, we'd meet at a vendors booth who was also on AFR.  That hasn't happened in a very long time though.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Offline TKM

• R/F.com Member
    • My Renspace
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2008, 09:52:01 AM »
so, are any KCRF vendors on these forums?

Offline girlmacbeth

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2008, 07:01:33 PM »
I'm quite looking foreward to kcrf hope to meet many of you there.

Offline Doc Tyma

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 03:47:55 PM »
Would it be worth setting up an R/F meeting location for each of the weekends?  I know, at MNRF, it is typically by the Meade booth just after first cannon, so if such a place might exist at the KCRF site, maybe something can get started.  Just a thought ... but a mighty good one, m'thinks!   ;D
--

Offline Brother Gregory

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 04:22:01 PM »
I'm planning on being Opening weekend this year with my two girls and would love to meet other R/F's that are there. Let's come up with a place and time and try and all get together.

Offline Doc Tyma

• R/F.com Member
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2008, 04:52:23 PM »
I'm planning on being Opening weekend this year with my two girls and would love to meet other R/F's that are there. Let's come up with a place and time and try and all get together.

Brother, I would love to join, but that is the weekend I am planning on heading to MNRF to see peeps.  If anyone is going to KCRF opening weekend, please meet up with this man!  Perhaps you can scout a proper permanent meeting place for R/F peeps for the rest of the fest?
--

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF