News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

No more purple pounds at the pubs!

Started by trevor ylisaari, July 15, 2009, 07:07:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevor ylisaari

Thought I should broadcast this little bit of news so any more visitors we get will have the heads-up.

Apparently things changed during the first weekend, and now they only take real cash at the pubs now.

Athena

Good! That was a pleasant surprise on opening day!
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

BeerBlessings

It was bittersweet. I was on a race to have the first ale at Stumbull, and stopped by the Money Exchange on the way, slowing me down.. (But still, I only exchanged $20, so it's not that bad...) If I had lost the race, it would have made me rather cranky though.

The real kicker is that previous years' yards are not honored. This year's souvenir "mug" is a different size, so the new one has to be used..

Which means we have to buy 5 of them things and pour it into the Beer Hookah ourselves if we want to do one. *sigh*

Scotsman

This is a good thing! I was happy to see the change last weekend.
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

BeerBlessings

Oh no.. the bittersweet is that I got *all* the new rules at the same time.. Sometime around 10:03 on Saturday. The cash-only is cool enough, but the lack of previous years' yards is a big let-down. *sigh*

Ah well.

Morwyn

We almost bought the notes....but thankfully they had it posted on the table....not quite sure how we were able to read it though...as it was after the downpour and our time locked in the van...  ;D