News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Ghost Walk

Started by Ginette, July 17, 2009, 09:35:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginette

Weddings & Events at Sherwood Forest Faire.
PR for life!

lady M

If anyone goes on the Ghost Walk can you let me know how it went and the cost?
Won't be going to TRF til Highland Wknd and would like to plan it into our budget.

Ginette

Lady M, there is no Ghost walk this season at TRF.   :(  Sorry.
PR for life!

knarlyknot

Um, Chianti posted that it was happening, perhaps there has been a changing of minds?

Ginette

"The Minds" might have changed.  I guess I could email and ask again.
PR for life!

Ginette

I got an email from someone at TRF and the Ghost Walk is back on!   ;D  Thank you everyone for keeping me updated, I would be lost with out you all.   :D 
PR for life!

brooke

so that brings back the question of how do you get signed up and when/where?

Ginette

I am told to meet at the Information Booth and there is a $10 charge for the walk.
PR for life!

KiltedPrivateer

Yes, last year you met up at the front gate in front of the information booth.  There was a little sign post out there.  I don't know if the tickets will be sold from the Info booth this year or not, but they did last year.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

brooke

thanks for the details!  I now have the job of talking my group into participating  ;D

lady M

GREAT! My family and I will be taking the walk this year.

KiltedPrivateer

Ok, so we're heading into our third weekend.  Has anyone taken the tour this year.  Thoughts, likes, dislikes, is it worth it?
Lover of Lady Kitara

Sir Martin

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 22, 2009, 08:10:06 PM
Ok, so we're heading into our third weekend.  Has anyone taken the tour this year.  Thoughts, likes, dislikes, is it worth it?

I went on the Ghost Walk last weekend.  It is $10 and although it wasn't spectacular, I'd say it was mildly entertaining.  You pay near the front gate and then congregate in the feast hall.  The guide talks about the history of TRF and has a question and answer session (while allowing the group to purchase their last drinks of the day and use the privy if needed).  Then the walking tour is on.  I won't retell the stories here because that is how they make their money, but basically you tour the TRF grounds and are treated to tales of paranormal activities that have happened to past (and present) TRF performers/vendors/performance company members.  I did find it intriguing that at least two of the people mentioned on the tour (that have had spooky experiences) are members of our forum.  The tour guide advised us that the stops on the tour vary from time to time. It was cool to see the grounds after the fireworks show, but the scariest thing that happened was that some members of our group got soaked when the sprinklers came on.    :o

I would not recommend the ghost walk for children, the elderly or anyone with a physical handicap.  They probably wouldn't be frightened by anything (except maybe the water sprinklers), but the guide walks so briskly between stops on the tour that only the able bodied can keep up with his pace.

Ginette

Thank you Sir Martin for the info!   :)
PR for life!

KiltedPrivateer

LOL - Damn the sprinklers

Yes, thanks for the info Martin.  Perhaps we'll do it this weekend or maybe wait until closing weekend.
Lover of Lady Kitara