News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's on your belt?

Started by Charlotte Rowan, July 17, 2009, 01:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thumper

Pouch A: cell phone, car key, food coupons, etc.
Pouch B: camera, ID, money  (Thinking of combining these two pouches into one large pouch)
a small drawstring pouch: plastic doggie clean up bags
mug strap w/ mug
ribbon with small sheep attached
wooden bowl ie. dog water bowl
scottish arisaid (held on by belt)

and sometimes my "offical kilt inspector" handkerchief.

RSLeask

On my belt is the following...

1) One pouch (for now) with:
  - ID
  - Money
  - Car key
  - Cloves (Djarum Blacks) and lighter, possibly American Spirits, though I usually leave those for the car
2) Tankard holder, complete with tankard (obviously)
3) If allowed, either my bastard sword or longsword

I intend to pick up a second pouch sometime, which will likely be used to split storage for less-used items (such as wallet, which I don't currently carry on me) and keys, and leave the smaller pouch for items I use more, such as cash and smokes.

I'm also contemplating a smaller, single-carry pouch which would hold a coin-purse, and use that for a bunch of the gold $1 coins, just to add a little authenticity to my tav... errr... transactions.  >.>
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

a) Two flintlock pistols - a Queen Anne Pedersoli ( shoved into me sash) and me trusty double barrel flinty in a holster

b) Me Lusty Leather flap top pouch - money, ID, keys, guitar picks ( always running out of those),  powder measure,  business cards, ink stamp pad, "P" branding iron ( to mark pirates).  Vent pricks for the pistols and for the cannons

c) Pipe pouch w/ tobacco

d) Me Baltimore cutlass ( baldrics having been out of style by 1710 by a few decades)

e) Mug frog ( though I rarely use it, the mug being in pretty much constant use)
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Taffy Saltwater

The worst day is pirate day:

pouch (or two)
holster/pistol
holster/dagger
key ring w/about 15 skeleton keys (after all, it might unlock something, right?)
iron shackles
flogger
tail (or two)
frog/pewter stein

This year I'll also be carrying my new pipe & ciggies.  I don't often smoke, but I feel the need when I have an adult beverage in hand.  By the end of the day, I feel like my back is collapsing.  I also used to carry a sword, but due to mm curves it tended to stick out at an odd angle.
Sveethot!

Butch

Ahh!  Gold dollar coins!  Good idea!

Don Giovanni de' Medici

Ciao,

I can't say that I have really been to a Renn faire as a playtron or paytron, save my very first experience, so I am always on cast.  There are a few items that I wish I could have, (i.e. Camera!!!), but do not get to carry.  I know you all feel my pain in dressing in the morning; this is the order and what my belts carry...

Sword belt is mounted to the left.

My over-belt usually holds:
(starting on the left)
Large leather pouch, holding--->
--->Wallet/money, cellphone (on silent or off, of course), comp tickets, handkerchiefs
Back mounted Stiletto
Tankard
Hunter's pouch/flat cloth pouch, holding--->
--->timepiece, spoon, wooden straw, more handkerchiefs, food coupons

Finally my sash usually holds:
Canevale masque (on right)
(all on right side)
Strand of pearl beads
Drawstring pouch with give away coins as favors for children

Ladies I feel your pain, for Lord know I feel like I was wearing a bodice when it all come off at the end of the day!  LOL!

Sincero,
Don Vincente di Medici
Sincero,

Don Giovanni de' Medici
Ambasciatore del Granducato della Toscana
"Dio conserva il Papa"

DonaCatalina

Some of this makes me glad that I'm not a pirate.
My dresses are heavy enough!
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Elinor Hakebourne

Thanks for all the ideas, everyone! :) I'm attempting to hang more things off my belt, so this is giving me good inspiration!

Currently, for me, I have:

-A blue satin pouch (which I hope to change to a more period appropriate fabric)
-A fan from Spain (which I hope someday to change it to something more appropriate...sensing a theme, here?)
-My bell anklet (which, last season, I tied onto my belt and had much success with it - wearing it as an anklet wasn't so great, because it could come undone quite easily)

Pirateleach

Small brown pouch for my phone
Mug frog w/ mug
Wide red flat pouch for wallet  and camera and loose stuff
Empty frog for just incase
Medium red pouch for my keys
Black jack W/ glass ball for da rum
Large black and burgandy pouch for tobacco and pipe
Small red and black pouch for a telescope

Belt is weighty indeed

Barkeep, Tavern on the Hill
Newcastle
Come have a Shandy from Andy

Queen Bonnie

Some day I am going to weigh all my COB. (er- "Stuff" on belt) and  see who has the Most. Me or my Evil Pirate twin sister! LOL.Running out of belt room!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

DonaCatalina

Queen Bonnie wins hands down...the only unknown now is who comes in second?
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess