News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

RENDEZVOUS 2010- Planning

Started by eloquentXI, July 18, 2009, 06:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eloquentXI

As amusing as this is, number one, lets get back on topic, please. And number two, please be careful, keep going with that thought, and it'll get this moved to Johns Inn.
Still Meggers, just a little more grown up now. :)

*Teach*

Yes Ma'am...

*can I still have my rum?*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com

Hercules

...........................................partypooper  
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Merlin

Quote from: Scotsman on July 21, 2009, 02:13:13 PM
Quote from: Hercules on July 21, 2009, 01:34:20 PM
Kewl. So is there a secret handshake that newbs like me get after the spanking and humiliation hazing?  :D

Yeah ... you have to buy all my beer for the weekend! Yeah, thats it!  ;D

He's lying

You have to buy everyones beer!
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Taffy Saltwater

Has a date been set for this drunken erm debauchery erm - fete?
Sveethot!

Hercules

Someone ~cough-cough~..me changed the subject  :-[

Here's the link for the voting on dates that Ms Blue listed on the 2nd page.  

http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php?topic=8115.0
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Rani Zemirah

Oops... sorry, Elo, my fail!  I'll not give in to the temptation to spank a Scotsman again, at least not here!!!  ROFL

Taffy, I think there's a voting thread for setting a date, somewhere...

(ummm, yeah, what ^Herc^ said...)
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Merlin

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 22, 2009, 12:24:33 PM
Oops... sorry, Elo, my fail!  I'll not give in to the temptation to spank a Scotsman again, at least not here!!!  ROFL

Taffy, I think there's a voting thread for setting a date, somewhere...

(ummm, yeah, what ^Herc^ said...)

<-- is Scottish
Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Taffy Saltwater

Rani, thanks for the vote link.  Now I have done my rennie duty & voted I can take the rest of the day off.  Or not.  Nope, boss'll not approve.
Sveethot!

eloquentXI

This is supposed to be for the planning, not for wise-cracking and all.
Yes, we are excited, yes we are going to have an incredible time.
But this is the business side of things because this is quite an undertaking.
Unless you have something beneficial to add, suggestion or an idea, please post in a different thread.

Thank you.

Rani Zemirah

Sure... but thank Hercules since he provided it!

Not a problem, Elo!  We all know how hard you and Blue are going to have to work to get this thing in the works, and whatever I can do to help from up here, just consider me volunteered!

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

eloquentXI

Several ideas suggested are...

A Treasure Hunt aka Scavenger Hunt across our wonderful faire that would begin with the Opening Cannon on Saturday morning and would end Sunday afternoon at the cannon sounding Parade, as winners would be annouced during the Sunday afternoon Parade Meet n' Greet.

A Guided Pub Trot from one end of the faire, to the other, sampling some of the villages best and giving visitors a chance to visiting each of our several wonderful pubs.

Other suggested ideas have been a craft class on each day taught by one of our forum members, and also...a game of Musical Men.

It may seem early but we want to really brainstorm and prepare for everything, as we want this to be a Rendezvous to remember!  ;)

I haven't been on the forums long enough to really give a proper description but for those that don't know about Rendezvous, its an annual gathering/invasion of forum members from across the US at a single faire for the full weekend. So far, its been at TRF, MNRF, TNRF, and then coming up in September, it will be at MDRF. Maybe someone who attended the first can give us the story of how it originally got started?

Bonny Pearl

This is very exciting and i am looking forward to it!

If there is anything that I can do to help, please let me know.   :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

mehan

As a person whose home faire will doubtfully ever be selected for a rendevoux - might I suggest a pairing game of sorts?  A "homefield advantage" paired with a "vistitor".    Kinda a ren-harmony kinda thing so that a local can tour a vistor around?  The possibilities are still dancing in my head..... but perhaps someone with more creativity than myself can make some suggestion.

I do have to mention. My experience with Scarby was wonderful back in 2002, but I did leave texas a bit perplexed with the "uni-card" and "picnic pass" needed to purchase alcohol inside and outside of faire. If those are still a necessity, perhaps someone could clue non-texans about them?

*Teach*

That sounds a great idea Mehan.
Maybe those of us who already hang with a certain group of people can volunteer to "host" matching numbers of people to show around faire one day.
We should categorize ourselves according to what we like to do so that the visitors know who they want to pair up with.
AS in... Are you a shopper, a pub crawler, show watcher etc. (or some combination of those)
My Lovely Lady and I fit pretty much into all three categories at different times of the day.
There are many other categories, this was just a quick thought.
What kind of faire goer are you people?
(Perhaps a thread should be started on just this one topic to start matching up Hosts and Guests?)

*Whoever is on mine needs to like rum... or at least be willing to try lots of samples lol*
*Got more Rum?* "Here, Try This!"
http://forums.wearephoenixrisen.com