News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What age did you start faire?

Started by beeboy, May 20, 2008, 03:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Athena

Another late bloomer here, my first time was in 2000 at the age of 29. I loved it the minute I walked through the gate, but even then I would've never imagined how it would snowball.  :)
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Nicolette

Quote from: Athena on January 18, 2009, 09:11:29 PM
Another late bloomer here, my first time was in 2000 at the age of 29. I loved it the minute I walked through the gate, but even then I would've never imagined how it would snowball.  :)

Snowball?  Avalanche.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Athena

You're absolutely right. I wouldn't have it any other way!  ;D
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Lady Nicolette

Quote from: Athena on January 18, 2009, 09:20:51 PM
You're absolutely right. I wouldn't have it any other way!  ;D

Me neither!
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Dinobabe

17 years of Bristol since the age of nine, always in garb!  ;D
I've attended the Virginia RF (the one that closed), KCRF, and TN ren faire a few times; also in garb.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
The Wizard's Chamber/Sir Don Palmist
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Dinobabe on January 26, 2009, 03:22:35 PM
I've attended the Virginia RF (the one that closed), KCRF, and TN ren faire a few times; also in garb.  I wouldn't have it any other way!  ;)
Have you thought about coming to VARF again (the new one that is?)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Manwariel

I first went when I was around eight, but I didn't go again until 2007.

Dinobabe

Quote from: lordwriothsley on January 26, 2009, 04:39:04 PM

I would LOVE to make a round trip of all of the faires! ;D But I am afraid distance and free time are big factors.  My brother-in-law lives in Lexington, KY so if we visit I'll make sure it is during faire.  I'm planning a trip to TNRF this year with my Sunday School class.  That ought to be a hoot!  I am also making a point to take a trip back up to Bristol.  If I visit family in Kansas City during the KCRF I'll definetly go!  I wish we had a faire in the Memphis, TN area!  I was reading about the new faire in Texas and so wished it could be here.  :'(
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

Auryn

I first attended faire at the age of 18 back in 2000.
I went with some college friends and it drove me crazy because they wanted to leave after a couple of hours and I didn't even get to see the joust.

I didn't visit again until February of 2008, however I had been planning on it for about a year so I was in garb- all hand made (except for the boots). That time I went by myself and had a blast.

This year I will be going, in garb of course, and bringing my boyfriend along. He has never been to faire but has already caught the ren bug as we have been talking about it since last year.
He will be attending his first faire in garb that is wonderful girlfriend has been slaving away on for the last 6 months  ;D.

Actually- we are going to faire next weekend and my new garb is still not finished :-[
Scissors cuts Paper. Paper covers Rock. Rock crushes Lizard. Lizard? poisons Spock. Spock smashes Scissors. Scissors dec

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Dinobabe on January 27, 2009, 11:01:52 AM

I would LOVE to make a round trip of all of the faires! ;D But I am afraid distance and free time are big factors.  My brother-in-law lives in Lexington, KY so if we visit I'll make sure it is during faire.  I'm planning a trip to TNRF this year with my Sunday School class.  That ought to be a hoot!  I am also making a point to take a trip back up to Bristol.  If I visit family in Kansas City during the KCRF I'll definetly go!  I wish we had a faire in the Memphis, TN area!  I was reading about the new faire in Texas and so wished it could be here.  :'(
Well if you are ever in the Virginia area any time in the near future please do stop by the faire and say hello. It would be nice to meet a fellow RFer.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Dinobabe

Quote from: lordwriothsley on January 27, 2009, 02:36:53 PM

Well if you are ever in the Virginia area any time in the near future please do stop by the faire and say hello. It would be nice to meet a fellow RFer.

Thanks!  ;)
Natasha McCallister
Bristol Faire 1988-2005
59.2% FaireFolk Corrupt
midsouthrenfaire.com

renniemommy

Pittsburgh 1995...I was 15, went once to visit and had garb and a job by the next weekend.
been on the road since 2001, through 2 pregnancies, uncountable vans, tents, motorhomes and natural disasters. Both my kids were at shows before they could hold their heads up.
moming and renning go together like scotch eggs and mustard

lordwriothsley

Quote from: Dinobabe on January 27, 2009, 10:07:46 PM
Quote from: lordwriothsley on January 27, 2009, 02:36:53 PM

Thanks!  ;)
No problem. Any time.  :)
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

CelticOne

Quote from: kcdcchef on December 10, 2008, 11:29:04 PM
first time at faire i was 6, at the Kansas City Renaissance Festival. At that time a not for profit venture benefiting the Kansas City Art Institute.

First time in garb - 23

Last time in garb - 26

Total seasons going - 26. Cannot wait for 27!!!

Seriously, highly reccomend getting em started young. Those who start later in life and actually like it are rare at best.

Huh, I have a pic of the front gate with the banner reading it was a benifit for the arts institute. That's cool that you remember it as well.
The mind is like a parachute, its best when open.

kcdcchef

Quote from: Phoenix on February 04, 2009, 12:44:54 PM

Huh, I have a pic of the front gate with the banner reading it was a benifit for the arts institute. That's cool that you remember it as well.

email me that, i would LOVE TO SEE THAT!!!!!!!!!!! i love old kc renfaire pictures from the 1980's, since they are rare!!