News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Which dates for Scarby RenDezvous 2010?

Started by Blue66669, July 21, 2009, 09:31:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dates do you want? (please see the dates in the post below)

April 10/11 Opening Weekend
27 (27.8%)
April 17/18
9 (9.3%)
April 24/25 Mid Season Invasion
36 (37.1%)
May 1/2 May Day
6 (6.2%)
May 8/9 Mothers Day
1 (1%)
May 15/16
3 (3.1%)
May 22/23
1 (1%)
May 29/30/31 Memorial Day Weekend
14 (14.4%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Voting closed: August 20, 2009, 09:31:05 AM

Blue66669

Hey everyone, here's a list of all weekends, with some pros and cons sprinkled here and there in RED. We don't know what the themes are yet, so it's a blind choosing. Please, please, please be sure about your vote. Once it's there, you cannot change it.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them here. We will answer them to the best of our ability, and keep the list of Q&A updated on page 1. Thanks so much everyone!

April 10/11: OPENING WEEKEND
Cool climate and great for an event, but may be difficult to find hotels due to the fact that Opening Weekend always draws a HUGE crowd. If we want this weekend, BOOK YOUR HOTEL EARLY!!!

April 17/18

April 24/25:
This is a weekend that we do a mid-year invasion for the celebration of late April and early May birthdays (including mine *squee*). The weather is warmer, but it's a good pseudo mid-point.

May 1/2: May Day Celebrations
Slightly warmer, and sometimes RAINY!

May 8/9:
I believe this might be Mother's Day weekend...

May 15/16

May 22/23

May 29/30/31: Memorial Day AND Closing Weekend
A lot of faire groups have special gatherings this weekend, and Scarby is no different. It is closing weekend for us, and there is almost always a large number of RFers here for it. It tends to be SCORCHING HOT here in Texas at the end of May. Three days of faire, yes! But they will be very HOTTT days. If this date is chosen, please remember to pack garb accordingly.

FYI- Voting closes on AUGUST 20th!
Blaidd Drwg

mehan

Just making sure - can any attendee's vote or is the decision up to the Scarby-ites?

LadyJessica

Anyone can vote.  This is to see which weekend everyone would prefer.  If there's a tie then there might be a run off but that's up to the planners.
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

Richard de Graeme

Come you Pagans! Only one vote for Beltane! :o
"For it is the doom of man that they forget."
NE OUBLIE!
Purveyor of dubious wisdom
Player of spoons
Herbalist

Blue66669

We're well into it, and look at it go!

Remember, Blue wants a RenDezvous for her birthday LOL! Just kidding, vote on, everyone!! VOTE ON!!!
Blaidd Drwg

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Well Blue, wouldn't it be great to have everyone there TO celebrate your birthday?I think so.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Blue66669

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on July 28, 2009, 02:35:17 PM
Well Blue, wouldn't it be great to have everyone there TO celebrate your birthday?I think so.

*nods*

I too think so LOL. We also celebrate the birthdays of CatAshtrophy, Erik the Green (even though his is early May), Lady Guinevere, Ottheinrich, and a few others. It's phenomenal!
Blaidd Drwg

Duckie84

You have to remember though the 16th is eloquent and I's birthday.....
Yay! May ladies.
What does the color blue taste like?

Ryk Rakham

I see voting is a little light (63 seems a small number so far). I am a meteorologist and professional storm-chaser and have a little insight into long-range and history-based forecasting. I put the forecast based on the same factors that the Old Farmers Almanac uses. But, it is a long way to try to forecast something, although the historical is interesting. I hope it helps a little. I am leaning toward the 17th and 18th because it always seems to be great weather. Our folks from the north will melt on Memorial Day weekend. A friend of mine from Michigan is part of the Scarby mud now! Well she will tell you that anyway. But I will be excited to be there and take part no matter when we celebrate REndevous! Weather forecasting is risky business anyway.

April 10/11 Opening Weekend - generally one of the last cold periods. 50% rainy over last 20 years. Almost always highs in the 60s to 70s. Forecast is seasonably cool with a 60% chance of precip.
April 17/18    - believe it or not, the best weekend based on weather forecasting. Temps generally in the low 70's for highs and less rain than most of the rest of April. 18 out of the last 20 years has been fair and dry around the 17th of April. Forecast is fair and seasonably mild with highs in the low to mid 70's and 15% chance of precip.
April 24/25 Mid Season Invasion - Some may not want to hear this one since several birthdays are celebrated, but since this event stands on its own we may want to consider that the 20 to 25th is generally very wet with highs in the upper 70's to low 80's. From April 20th in fact to May 5th is very unsettled and our wettest period. Forecast for next year is unsettled with periods of rain (70% chance) and highs near 80. It has rained during this period almost 100% of the time back to 1980.
May 1/2 May Day - another unsettled period. Forecast is for unsettled weather with periods of rain and highs near 80.   
May 8/9 Mothers Day - generally warming up here with highs in the low 80's, but a little less unsettled. Forecast for the 5th - 10th of May is becoming warmer with alternating sun and clouds with 40% chance of rain and highs near 85.
May 15/16    - Typically our average first time to hit 90 and a very stormy period (15th to the 20th). Forecast is 60% chance of thundershowers with highs in the upper 80's.
May 22/23 - this one is usually a hot and dry weekend at times getting into the mid to upper 90s but drying out some so that humidity is not always as bad. Forecast for next year is for a 40% chance of thundershowers and highs in the upper 80's to low 90's.
May 29/30/31 Memorial Day Weekend - 12 our of the last 20 years this has been our first 100 degree period. Weather becomes relatively unsettled as the heat can set off heavy storms, or the heat just decides to torture us on its own. Forecast for next year though doesn't look as hot as usual with 30% chance of thundershowers and a high in the low 90's. Long-range calls for us to hit 100 for the first time on June 8th in 2010.

Ryk Rakham, scourge of the Red River
Rhyk Dragonfang

Jezz the Belle, scourge of the scourge
Lady Sherry

Blue66669

I guess I lucked out last year, it only drizzled a bit on one of the days. Oh, and a little in the evening after faire. I was perfectly content :P
Blaidd Drwg

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Blue, I feel the Renn Gods are gonna shine down on us that weekend, great weather all weekend! HUZZAH ;)
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Blue66669

Blaidd Drwg

Macintyre

Also remember that easter usually falls in april.

Tipsy Gypsy

Whatever weekend it happens, I vote for SNOW!!!!
"It's just water, officer, I swear. And yeast. And a little honey. How the alcohol got in, I have no idea!"

Lairde Guardn

I voted for opening weekend, but any of the first three weekends in April will be good for me.....I am also an April Birthday.....and plan to celebrate at Rendevous IV....
Lairde Guard'n
Lairde Highe Chieftain Emeritus
Irish Penny Brigade
Rogue, Teer, Otter
Landshark, Bard, DG, RFC
15.8% FaireFolk pure, 84.2% FaireFolk corrupt