News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Plus-Sized Ren Garb

Started by Rhiannon, July 06, 2009, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhiannon

Quote from: LADY JOYCE ANN on July 16, 2009, 05:24:23 PM
Rhiannon, let me share with you some of my ways to fund faire, I save all my change,I put it out of sight so I don't touch it. (so far I've saved almost $300.00 in a yrs. time) then I also have yard sales,my friends are giving me really nice stuff all the time because they don't want to be bothered with it ,so I put it up until yard sale time and I make a couple hundred  $ with that stuff. This way I fund my faire pass and anything I want to buy strickly off the money I raise.My husband bet I couldn't do it and boy did I prove him wrong!I know this isn't about garb but I'm sooo happy I pulled this off, friends ask me how I afford to buy clothes from faire and thats my story. ::)

Oh, what a cool idea! Thanks for sharing that!

analise

Just completely seconding Damsel in this Dress. Her stuff really is wonderful and she's been great to work with both times I've ordered something from her. :)

Willa Swallow

I have two Moresca XXL Pirate bodices for sale if anyone is interested!

Rowan MacD

Quote from: blue66669 on July 07, 2009, 11:53:18 AM
Depending on your size, I would, of course, recommend Moresca. Their stuff is SUBLIME!
I adore Moresca even though I have outgrown my Max bodice (I'm hanging on to it, since a replacement would cost $150.00) and and I have 2 chemises from them.

I did see a performer at one of the Midwest fairs in the full Cleo outfit.  This is a fancy getup and mot exactly medieval, but it worked.
   She was not a small lady and the outfit was just terminally cute on her.  She looked like a fairy godmother.

http://www.moresca.com/product_info.php?products_id=12

The swagged skirt comes to mid calf, and it's cool.  However the price tag is daunting:  $175.00 for the bodice. and anything bigger than XL will probably cost more. and an additional $130.00 for the skirt=$305.00 
   Almost as much as a nice custom Tudor reproduction gown from Castle Garden Creations.

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Joyce "Delfinia DuSwallow" Howard

Willa I sent u a message.
MDRF Dandy  "Delfinia DuSwallow"
Sun'n Penny - Clan O'Morda
LandShark #71
Maker of Buttery Nipples

Willa Swallow

Lady Joyce, thanks for your message.  I've replied.