News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Never thought enough about it before.....oops!

Started by DuchessOfHoundshire, July 27, 2009, 08:57:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuchessOfHoundshire

And after reading some of these now realize how important it can be...my character development was to be quite shallow before this!

I am the Lady Katheryn, Duchess of Houndshire and I will be bringing grave news to the Wizard Oswyn Elmebrigge.  A raucous band of villianous swag bellied rogues hath stolen away sweet princess Elinor. Since my messenger, a rat terrier, was giving a ransom scroll I am the only one away of this awful scullduggery.  I shall be requesting that the annual Classic K9 Medieval Games champion be dubbed knights and be sent off to rescue our fair maiden.

I had not thought past our storyline as far as depth of character.  I am most interested in an appropriate quirk or such to display as I interact throughout the grove.  Our show is dog-based, so I had thought speaking to patrons, especially children, as though they were dogs (actual, not figurative) might be fun.

Anyone have other ideas on how to really make a statement?  Thank you so much-this will be my first faire as a full-on character!

TKM

one good thing for a slightly over the top character like that is to seem to take offense easily. if you were to make a suggestion about the dogs or such, or say something about dogs, and someone you pick on in the audience doesn't agree or know what you're talking about, look really taken back by it, as if you don't understand how someone could possibly think differently on dog-related issues than you do. i'll be back to post more later and maybe clear this up but my friend won't turn down his obnoxious music and i can't concentrate worth a damn on what i'm typing >.<