News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's up for 2009?

Started by groomporter, July 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarac

I was parked at the vary bottom of that Pit and the walk was no fun, My truck was fine but everyone around me moved to higher ground.
Scotch the only way to go

Random Girl

I just wanted to say on behalf of all of us dealing with the parking issue, thank you thank you thank you for making our lives easier and not harder and for being kind and considerate.

This sucks for everyone and you all have taken it in stride and it is definitely appreciated. 

I just ask the following:
Please watch how close to my poor toes you drive your car.
Please SLOW DOWN when coming up to the stop sign
Do NOT blow past the gate guard.  It's not fun for anyone.
The stop sign means STOP not yield.  When approaching the sign please come to a full and complete stop.  Present your site ID and parking pass.  Await direction from the gate guard and proceed only when told to do so.  It's illegal to roll through a stop sign anywhere else in Minnesota it's not ok to do it here. 

Thank you!
~~Nessa~~
Safety Services Maven of Midnight
Crew member of the S.S. Hookers and Blow
Odissimur Iocos - We hate fun

MissBubu

Nessa, you are a goddess! Luvs ya much!

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: harem_pants on September 15, 2009, 12:41:26 PM

The stop sign means STOP not yield.  When approaching the sign please come to a full and complete stop.  Present your site ID and parking pass.  Await direction from the gate guard and proceed only when told to do so.  It's illegal to roll through a stop sign anywhere else in Minnesota it's not ok to do it here. 

Thank you!
Thanks for this information. I feel silly saying this, but I wasn't sure if I should stop, and hold up the line, since I know perfectly well that Orange Passes Turn Right, or if the guy would prefer that I stop. Now I know. I will stop. :)
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Random Girl

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on September 15, 2009, 03:09:50 PM

Thank you!
Thanks for this information. I feel silly saying this, but I wasn't sure if I should stop, and hold up the line, since I know perfectly well that Orange Passes Turn Right, or if the guy would prefer that I stop. Now I know. I will stop. :)

The stop sign has been there longer than the parking restrictions.  We use it to check site ID's and make sure you are supposed to be there.  That is the part we care about more than the parking pass color. 
~~Nessa~~

Tarac

Should we bring Hot coffee for the night guard on Fri night. :D
Scotch the only way to go

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: harem_pants on September 15, 2009, 04:28:10 PM
Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on September 15, 2009, 03:09:50 PM

Thank you!

The stop sign has been there longer than the parking restrictions.  We use it to check site ID's and make sure you are supposed to be there.  That is the part we care about more than the parking pass color. 

Yes, I know the stop sign has been there forever. I noticed it 6 years ago on my first day of chocolate wenching. But now that I clearly have a parking pass in my window and I no longer have a site ID until I get my paper pass for the day, I wondered if it was necessary to stop, when the guy can clearly see my orange parking pass in my car window, or if he'd rather I just move along and keep the line going. Now I know.
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Random Girl

Quote from: Tarac on September 15, 2009, 06:24:11 PM
Should we bring Hot coffee for the night guard on Fri night. :D

We gladly take peace offerings of food or beverage!  Hell last weekend someone gave me a grilled stuffed steak burrito that was still warm!  TenFingers gets all the icecream though.  lol.
~~Nessa~~