News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

What's up for 2009?

Started by groomporter, July 27, 2009, 07:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaykin

I was down there yesterday (Sunday) and they have dug up as far as to joust camp ... where the horses are corralled is where the digging has stopped.  I too was told by another person while on site Sunday that rumor has it we will be parking in the pit & having to walk through the campsite to get to the grounds ... not only do I think that will be disruption to the campers - but I agree - what a haul! (although I believe it was said that the miners promised to "flatten it out a bit" for us.)

DB my plan is also to get there early - hopefully that will at least help some.

I hope patron parking is better organized this year & they start to fill up the front lot BEFORE they start parking around the side & behind legond. That too would help us - even if a little.

DeadBishop

I agree; they should leave parking behind Legend open to us before letting patrons park over there.  That would help somewhat with the parking issues.  Also, being that I park behind Legend anyway, I see way too many patrons rummaging about in backstage areas that they should be in, or trying to enter through the back instead of going through front gate. 

R/F.com member since 2003

Charlotte Rowan

I've always had to be there by 8 am, so I've never had a problem with parking... always just drove in and parked by B Gate *shrug*. We'll see what happens this year...
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Muffin

Quote from: Charlotte Rowan on August 04, 2009, 08:36:26 AM
I've always had to be there by 8 am, so I've never had a problem with parking... always just drove in and parked by B Gate *shrug*. We'll see what happens this year...

I was always there by 8 am or before last season as well and we were able to park in front of B gate no more than one or two rows in.

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Captain Jack Wolfe

After hearing all this, I'm glad I have to be there first thing!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

William_MacKean

Save the pit parking for the campsite users.  They'll be closer to their cars (nice for them) and won't have general festie help walking by their unsecured nylon homes.  Less traffic near there the better.  Have us non-camping boobs park behind Legend and maybe squirt a little towards B-gate.

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: William_MacKean on August 04, 2009, 11:17:08 AM
Save the pit parking for the campsite users.  They'll be closer to their cars (nice for them) and won't have general festie help walking by their unsecured nylon homes.  Less traffic near there the better.  Have us non-camping boobs park behind Legend and maybe squirt a little towards B-gate.

That is a *really* good idea.

groomporter

Fitz has announced that based on her last test his daughter is in almost full remission of her Leukemia! So they will be part of the cast for most of the run.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Charlotte Rowan

Quote from: groomporter on August 17, 2009, 08:56:56 AM
Fitz has announced that based on her last test his daughter is in almost full remission of her Leukemia! So they will be part of the cast for most of the run.

Huzzah!!

Capt. Bacardi

That is great. I believe the J.C.'s are going to raise some money for them during the season too.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

white trillium

That is great news!
Everything starts as somebody's daydream. ~Larry Niven

DeadBishop

That is excellent news!

groomporter

"My Lady's Cutlass" is going to be back under a new name: Laughing Hearts Pub Band and with a third member and a new CD.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Captain Jack Wolfe

It will be great having Kim and Jen out there performing again!
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

DeadBishop

Quote from: groomporter on August 20, 2009, 07:32:22 AM
"My Lady's Cutlass" is going to be back under a new name: Laughing Hearts Pub Band and with a third member and a new CD.

Got to see them perform up at Twig under their new guise.  Their new member Steph adds a lot of good talent to the group.