News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Celtic Fling

Started by BubbleWright, June 27, 2009, 07:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbleWright

Celtic Fling is this weekend at PARF.Today was absolutely perfect!!! Sunny, breezy, low 80's temperature was made to order. Food, music, food, shopping, food, Highland Games, food, pipe bands, food, step dancing, food, Clans & Societies, and more food provided something for everybody (and for the ladies, at least 50% of the males were in kilts). Plus it was a chance to catch up with Ren Friends and check out new construction on the Shire. I'm primed and ready for Faire! ;D ;D ;D
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

Dress Your Dreams

It was great to see you, Felix, & your shirt rocked!!! Good to see all our friends from Faire!!

Was a great day, I'm beat, & I will be there again tomorow!!!

Susan of Dress Your Dreams

(Yes, my big hanging sign is not up...we needed to repaint it. Just find us across from the wine tasting booth, or next to Merlin's Magic.)

The Amadan

Looked for you, Bubblewright... didn't see you!
Darn!

Great day... and weather was perfect!
Was there, with friends from NY & SC... they had a blast!
The Amadan
BoTK #97
Founder: Loyal Order of Lemmings
Laird Protector of Sarcasm, Clan Ootland
Generally Silly Man

BubbleWright

I was incognito... dressed in Danes and no bubble machine. The back of my shirt had a piper with 2 pre-school lads at his feet. One was looking up the kilt with his mouth wide open in surprise... the other was laughing with his hands over his mouth. It was captioned on the top Don't Ask and on the bottom Don't Tell. Got a few chuckles when I passed by................  Felix
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

kcdcchef

oh man, gaelic storm was so amazing friday nite.

didnt make it sunday, but spent the whole day saturday flinging. damn, it was a ball. i loved every minute of it. really got to like albanach, and icewagon flu. and as always, loved scythian and ceann.

cannot wait to come back in october!!

hey, what is the new structure getting built where turkey legs once were??

McGuinness

Quote from: kcdcchef on July 01, 2009, 09:19:52 PM

hey, what is the new structure getting built where turkey legs once were??

It (eventually) will be a new turkey leg stand, possibly with some seating. The rumor is also that where the Rusty Scupper was (and where the Apple Haus used to be before it too was torn down) will be a new berr garden, but nothing is set in stone yet as far as anyone has really heard at this point. Lots of time for change between now and opening day.

kcdcchef

celtic fling is such a tease. gets you all ready for faire, and then you gotta wait like 6 weeks!!

but was nice to get some good grub. and hear all my favorite groups.