News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mead

Started by scoopie05, August 03, 2009, 01:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoopie05

Does anyone know what brand of mead is served at Bristol? My friends and I just love it, and everything we have tried from various liquor stores is just not the same. It's nice to have a little bit of Ren Faire at home, especially during the long winter months :)

Also, if anyone knows where to purchase it please let me know!

Thanks,
Angie

Vartha

Well in years past it WAS Spurgeon Vineyards, but I heard it was horrible last year so I'm not sure What they have anymore.
  MY favorite has been Chauncers. It's an Irish mead that has spices or herbs with it so may heat the mead with spices.

scoopie05

I've tried the Chauncers before, I have not tried it with the spices though. I did like it, but it was not the same taste. The mead at the Faire is much lighter/crisper... almost like it is blended with white wine or something. I took a photo of the bottle the last weekend and I see that it is still the Spurgeon Vineyards! Now I just need to find it in a store somewhere...

Thanks for your help!