News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Mini Invasion from the North

Started by robert of armstrong, August 03, 2009, 06:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert of armstrong

My buddy Brent and I are coming down from Toronto this Labor Day weekend.  In the past, we had visited D.C. for the weekend with his wife's family not too far away and went to the MDRF on Saturday and try to hit PARF on Sunday.  Well, this year his marital status has changed, and that visit isn't going to happen, and we need to find accommodations.

We figure on staying in a hotel maybe in Hershey or in Harrisburg at the east end of the city on Sunday night, ten minutes from the Faire.  Does anyone know of any Faire deals at these hotels?  The PARF website is recommending hotels that have a deals for Faire goers, but man are they expensive.  The lowest price is like $184 for one night! (For example, when we go to MIRF, there is a Hyatt that gives an awesome room for $104 and that includes two tickets to the Faire.)

Any ideas?  We will be going to the Faire Sunday, staying over Sunday night, and then driving back Monday.

Note:  Ladies, keep an eye open for us - with Brent's new single status, we will be on the prowl!  Don't be shy!

Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

McGuinness

You picked a good year for a northern invasion considering the entire day is about a Northern Rebellion!

There are no other hotels that have faire packages other than the ones listed on the website that I'm aware of. Hershey hotels may be a bit pricy and low on rooms since HersheyPark (Hershey's amusement park) and other tourist-y summer attractions are still in full swing. You can try the Quality Inn in Lebanon - only about10-15 minutes away and a decent hotel from what I've heard - or there's a nice Holiday Inn (I think its a Holiday Inn) in Grantville right off of Interstate 81. I would say calling either Hershey or Harrisburg 10 minutes from faire though is a stretch - I've lived in this area all my life and I've never made the drive that fast! I'd say 20-30 minutes is more reasonable, depending on traffic. Lebanon, Manheim, East Petersburg and Lititz are all closer (but smaller) towns.

SrEstebanLegaspi

* nods * Yep. Colleen's right. It's gonna get harder to find a spot the closer it gets. We book our hotel room pretty much right after the season ends.

Hope to run into you guys on the grounds! It's always nice to see fellow Canunks roaming about the shire..

Cheers!
SeƱor Esteban Maniquis y Legaspi
Nosce te ipsum

BubbleWright

There are a number of motels one exit east of the Faire on the PA Turnpike on Rte 272 in Denver, PA. These are older motels with basic amenities and quite inexpensive. I'm staying Saturday night for the Faire opening at the red Carpet Inn and it was only $50.00 plus tax. It is about a 20 minute drive and a $1.60 toll. Google motels Denver PA.
"It is only with the heart that one sees rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
   Antoine de St. Exupery

McGuinness

I'm not sure if it'll be of any help, but the latest parenfaire.com e-newsletter had this link for PA Dutch COuntry savings: http://www.padutchcountry.com/members_website/files/SummerPromotion.html . Maybe that can help you with some hotel deals...