News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

POLL: Personal Forum Storefronts for Seamstresses!

Started by DeadBishop, August 06, 2009, 12:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you like to have your own personal section on the forum to set up shop and sell your items from?

Yes!
No.

DeadBishop

This is something I've been trying to figure out since we moved to the new forum.  If, for a small fee, would you as a seamstress/crafter like to have your own personal storefront here on R/F.com to sell your wares from? 

This would give you the opportunity to sell your items in a localized spot, without competing with others.  Those of you who already have a dedicated website could use this as a platform for driving traffic to your site and gaining exposure, and those of you who don't have a dedicated website....well, now you would!  This storefront would be entirely dedicated to you and your wares.  Your own virtual booth at faire here on R/F.com! 

Any questions you have, please ask.  I'd like to hear as much feedback as possible to see what everyone thinks!

R/F.com member since 2003

Lady Kett

Since I can't resew a button without screwing it up, I won't reply to the poll. But as a potential purchaser, I say, please yes!

renfairephotog

Monthly fee? one time fee?

I think it's a good ideal.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

wildthingjew

Quote from: Lady Kett on August 06, 2009, 09:04:07 PM
Since I can't resew a button without screwing it up, I won't reply to the poll. But as a potential purchaser, I say, please yes!

ditto for me
jamie, mother of miss katie scarlett

irish

I am tired of sewing....lol..so this sounds like a good idea to me! :D
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

Jon Foster

I didn't vote (yet) but I think it could be a great option to pursue. My wife would be able to do a lot with something like this. I just need to talk her into doing it!

Jon.

LaurenLee

Since I LOVE to create and sew historical clothing but rarely have the time to go to Faire and wear any, I would love to have someplace where the people who become familiar with my name (through the forums) can have a chance to view what I would like to sell.  It's rather impersonal on eBay - this would be ideal!

Marietta Graziella

I won't vote since I don't intend to have a store front, but I'd say YES PLEASE! for those who do.

A wonderful, convenient place to find qualified, trustworthy merchants online sounds like a winner to me.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

mellingera

I don't have enough time to sew for more than myself and a couple friends, but if I did this would be an opportunity I would jump at. Definitely a great idea!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

I am honored and humbled to be able to serve many of the members of this community with designing and making garb. I would be interested in supporting such a project.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Rebecca

I think this is a great idea. I am thinking of starting my own website to sell historical clothing to others this year, and I'm sure that exposure on here would definitely help.

Syrilla

I would rather pay a fee to those I "know" than those I don't.

Hoowil

All considering, its doubtfull I'd be selling anything, but I say its a wonderful idea. I do think it shoudl, be its own area in Fair Garb, or by the Buy-Trade-Sell, and not part of the general sewing discusion area, just for ease of access to posts. Thats my two bits on the matter.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Kate XXXXXX

While I probably wouldn't work for those of you Over There who regularly attend fair, I think it's an excellent idea.  It would also allow me to let folk drifting in from Over Here know I'm about...   :D

switch

I don't have a shop, but it sure would be nice if the shopkeeps had a place on here with their wares!
Movie buff extraordinaire!