News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lady Of The Lake

Started by BLAKDUKE, May 21, 2008, 12:23:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Escarlata

Iain *grinning* 'tis good to see you about and, indeed, you shall find me in the shire on Saturday. I look forward to seeing you.

I'll not argue the definition of what a Lady is *chuckling* it's just that usually the "not a lady" parts of me are where I have the most fun and which tend to get me in the most trouble.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

iain robb

Quote from: Escarlata on November 05, 2008, 07:20:03 AM
I'll not argue the definition of what a Lady is *chuckling* it's just that usually the "not a lady" parts of me are where I have the most fun and which tend to get me in the most trouble.

Drat, where's that little smiley icon that says "speechless" ...

iain robb

So ... even though this fair is practically in my backyard, this will be my first time attending. It appears a lot of regulars from BARF will be there -- patrons, entertainers and artisans. Anything in particular I shouldn't miss, or anything in particular of interest? Besides meeting and greeting all of you, of course.

Kate

It's almost time!  I'm almost packed.  Can't wait!  i needed a faire fix something fierce!   ;D
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Crosslevel

;D One more loooong day!!! I'm going nuts!!! Hope to see you all there on Saturday. I finally talked my son (17) into coming! He always thought I was weird, but he said he would go if he got to dress, so I called his bluff. I guess he forgot I had more then one outfit and we are the same size. So dressed he will be. I hope I can hook him before BARF!!!!

See ya soon
adam
adam

Celtic_Fae

We're almost all packed and ready to go later today (Friday) to the faire. Before we can hit the road, we need to stop at the vet clinic to have our poor rat baby Niko nebulized, as he is still battling a bad case of pneumonia. Yesterday, the vet switched him from Baytril (Enrofloxacin) and Vibromycin to Chloramphenicol. The girls are still on the old stuff. He, Ratters, and Luna will be travelling with us, as they are all on medications. We will be staying at the Days Inn on Highway 441 (sneaking them in, SHHH!). As we won't have the computer with us (with garb and furbabies, the laptop was just TOO much), we will only be reachable on our cell phones.

Woodsman

The weather is going to be great this weekend. The high is suppose to be 80 and clear. We can't wait to get to see some of you.
Landshark #77

iain robb

Just doesn't seem right that I'm sitting here at work today (Friday) and the fair is going on ...

Oh well ... be there tomorrow!

The Highland Rogue

Ladies and gentlemen...boys and girls...wenches...rogues...mercs...and fellow R/Fers.  It was another great LOTL faire.  It was great seeing some of you again and meeting other of you for the first time.  Had I we not already made a commitment The CelticKitten and I would have gladly joined the first night festivities after the faire.   :'(
Hope all had a safe and enjoyable evening of drunken debauchery.

We survived the first day without anything more than a slight sunburn... the next day however...
:o Beware the steps on the dockside, leading down into the land of the forgotten merchants!!!  I took the first one... as though it were a NORMAL size step... It is not!!!  >:( Threw out my back when I landed slightly twisted.  Made it though most of the day until I tried to sit for the final show of the afternoon.  I knew that if I had actually managed to sit I would have needed an ambulance to get me back up.  My ladies walked me straight out to the car with out stopping to say good bye to anyone...  With my back in a spasm only able to do a six inch shuffle it still took 30 minutes to get to the car and I was parked at the entrance side of the lot in the second row.

Even though I am out of commission for half of this week...it was a great fair... and I will use the RAMPS from now on.  ;D

Now I am going to contact the Park and let them know of the unsafe and unmarked condition of those steps.  I wasn't the only person who had difficulty with them.  I watched for a bit...  I witnessed one or two people each minute misstep.  And that doesn't include the people who were staggering on the concrete going home from the faire.  You know who you are...    ;)
"Níl gach uile fhánaí caillte"-"Not all who wander are lost"
Vincere vel Mori - "To Conquer or Die"

Steve "Maclaine"

Seamus Ex Machina

Woooooo Hooooooo!!!  What a faire!!

I want to thank Escarlota and Leinad for their incredible hospitality at LOTL, and at Shadow's Hold.  LJ, Count Adolfo, Falcone, Kaytee, and the rest of the West Coast Cabal were overwhelmed with the charm of this great little faire.    Our only complaint is that it only runs one weekend.....

Or not...!  LJ and I were at the beer tent (naturally... )  and got to speak with the promoter.  We convinced her that all this work for one weekend was great, but that she could count on many Rennies from all over Florida to come.   LJ and I were most convincing.......maybe 3 weeks next year!   Huzzah!

The Count and I arrived around 11, having got a bit of a late start from Tampa.  LJ was forced to stay at the salt mine till later that afternoon,  but made it in time for happy hour.  Kaytee, Soleste, Handsome Rob, Lord Dumas, and the lovely Vannessa met us just a few feet inside the gate.  Can't tell you how good it was to see all of the gang!   LoTL is held on a beautiful spot on a park next to a lake (duh).  We caught up, and drank our fill of wheat beer.  The area around the lake is stunning,  and as an added bonus, it's about 10 degrees cooler than the rest of the faire.   Yes, Minnesota, it gets hot in Florida in November!

After faire, I managed to get The Count out to the truck, and we drove around until we found the bar.   I can't tell you how much fun we had.   No, I mean we really can't, because I'm sure that LJ and I broke several local statutes.   Who knew there was a wubbie restriction......

"You must be this tall to ride this attraction........"

A keg of Guinness,  several burgers, many wubbies, and a barfight later, we we left for the bonfire.   Bless him, the Count was driving.   We made it back to Shadow's Hold sometime early the next morning.   And dem near made it to opening cannon.    We were having too much fun on the porch, drinking coffee and talking.

"I'm not crazy, but I am a carrier......"

Got me faire fix.     And I think we caught lightning in a bottle.
Legendary Hellraiser

theladyphoenix

Seamus I must agree with you *who said that* it was a wonderful weekend. I am eagerly awaiting the photo's which will tell a much better story than any of us can I am sure.  It was a pleasure to have you all at my humble encampment for a bonfire, you are always welcome.

It is true the enchanted forrest is much cooler than the top of this hill and I swear we need to find a way to move the majority of merchants to that location.

I am glad this faire is not as large as others as it gave us all time to enjoy each others company often *wink wink* I am looking forward to seeing all of you again soon, I am certain to be at Hoggetown for both weekends.

Until we meet again...........blessed be.
The Lady Phoenix
Wicccan Warrior
Wench at Heart
AKA *poison grace*
Risin' M'Crack
Cruise Director Clan O'Conner

BLAKDUKE

Lady Escarlata:

And I do mean "L A D Y" and let no one gainsay it.  It was  pleasure to meet wou and everyone else at faire.  As most of you knoe we had a sick little dogmutt on Saturday so my lady had to stay at the camper.  However on Sunday she was much improved and my lady wife was able to attend.  We both had a marvelous time at faire and especially great fun at the "Crazy Gator" on Saturday night.   However we had to cut our vacation a day short as the aforementioned furball took a siezure on Monday morning and we had to hotfoot it back home to the vet,

Hope to see you all at a faire somewhere, someplace.
Anon
The BLAKDUKE
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

Kate

I posted my thank yous in other places but wanted to put them out here as well.

I needed this weekend and I thank all those who were a part of it.

Escarlata and Leinad for opening their home to the craziness, LJ and Seamus for making sure I stayed out of trouble (or got into more?), Lady Phoenix and her son for the wonderful bonfire (and much needed warmth)....

Treeman and Laura, Count and Connor, Louisa and Killtboy, CelticFae ... wonderful to see you all.  I'm sure there are more people I should mention and I feel terrible that I'm having a brain fart right now!

Everyone who was there will forever be in my memories of this wonderful weekend.

Now to get through this week while suffering from post-faire depression!  A few more weeks til Pirate Faire!

*hugs to you all!*
Kate
Pink'n Penny

Sir LJ

Someone hit the dem reset button! PLEASE!!
Semper Fi,

Sir LJ

The Red Horseman / Marine'n M'Crack

Count Adolfo

I apologize for my tardiness in posting... not an oversight, I assure you... merely a delay.

Wow!
There is so much to say and I don't want to miss anyone so here goes:

FIRST and foremost, I'd like to thank three people without whom I'd have been sitting at home this past weekend fixing my car.  That would have been the responsible thing to do, so thank you all immensely for helping me to shirk responsibility like a good Rogue.
SEAMUS ~ if it weren't for you, I'd not have had a way up there at all.  Thanks for thinking of me, thanks for coming to get me, thanks for waiting for me to get ready... and all of that goes double from Falcone.  Most of all, though, thanks for the remark about Faire not being the same... after a lot of stress at work and a ton of mishaps, it really felt great to be appreciated instead of dumped on.

LEINAD & ESCARLATA ~ if it weren't for you, I'd have not had a place to stay and, as there was no way I was affording a hotel room, that would have been that.  Thanks ever so much for your warm hospitality and your COFFEE!!! OMG yes, thank you for the coffee!!!

Now that I've thanked the ones responsible for me even being able to be there, I'd like to take a moment to thank each and every one of you (and please, do feel free to chime in if I miss calling you by name... but if I missed your name, it's not my fault, I may have been drinking) for contributing to an amazing weekend that I really, really needed!

BLAKDUKE, it's always an honour and a pleasure spending time with you and I shall certainly do all I can to make sure it's not another year before I see you and your endearing wife again!!!  Connor thanks you for the cash... he spent it at Faire (have to stimulate that Renaissance economy) and he was very, very pleased to see you two as well.

LJ ~ dude... it goes without saying... brothers to the end.  Thanks for making me laugh countless times this past weekend.  Thanks especially for getting my shoes (oh, wow, that is going to open up some speculation)

Celtic Fae... you looked spectacular... both days!  Thanks for the famous hugs and I look forward to seeing you in less 'armour'

Kaytee, it's been too long.  It shouldn't be that long next time around, ok?

Highland Rogue... you have to admit... that was some funny stuff right there, no?  I liked the view.  I know you know that's true.

Lady Phoenix... oh, m'lady... you're always a pleasure to be around and this weekend may have seen the start of some new big trends, no?  Is it the witching hour?  Is it showtime?  We'll see, right?
Tell Nick to keep flirting...  :D

Manpants... LOL!!!  Dude, we'll sit down and iron out the situation... trust me, ok?  In the meantime, let's not waste a moment fretting over it.

Treeman, Laura, you didn't think I'd forget you, did you?
NO WAY!!!  It was great seeing the two of you again.  I hope it's not too long before we're toasting more great times and I doubt it will be more than two weeks... perhaps only one!

Doug ~ from this weekend will stem great endeavours!  Of that, I can assure you.

OK, this is going to be as long as a JK Rowling novel if I keep this up so let me just sum up like this:
I want to thank each and every one of you for the one thing I missed most about Faire when I thought I'd not be able to make it...
your company!
Thanks for making my weekend!