News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Wench Magazine?

Started by groomporter, August 09, 2009, 07:15:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

groomporter

No problem Sir "C" it's a busy place around here.
When you die can you donate your body to pseudo-science?

Sam

Hi folks,

Sam here - with Wench Magazine.

Seems our arrival on the scene has ruffled a few feathers - sorry about that.  

Sir Clisto: I say this with a grin, but that rarely conveys online:  A few facts are incorrect, and a few conclusions obviously formed without facts.  But we shant try to respond to each...though I will address a few... (All the contentions in your post may not be your own - they may be from the website you quoted?  Not sure exactly where Sir Blackfox comments end, so please don't take this as an attack on you, just the facts/conclusions in the post.)

Wench Magazine is to be an annual publication, a hybrid magazine/directory.  It is full-color and full-size.  To try and compare Wench to Renaissance/RenReporter/Faire is apples and oranges.  They are each fine pubs, but they do not do what we do, and we are not trying to do what they do.

We have always stated that we are family friendly - though we do not blush easily.  Despite the contention that we will have a hard time moving units at Faires - we already have more than 100,000 units designated for delivery, and we do not go to press until early October. (BTW - our statement about number of units is still posted where it has always been, on our Ad Rates page)

Bad form for product submissions?  As a professional Publishing House with more than 6 vehicles in print, ranging from political magazines to fashion & lifestyle magazines to regional newspapers, to (our first) Fantasy Novel in September 2009, sorry to disagree.  Submissions are a great way for cash-strapped vendors and merchants to get exposure for their items that they can not otherwise afford through conventional ad buys.  It is usually cheaper for a vendor to ship a piece of existing inventory rather than reach into the checkbook and diminish cash flow.  We shoot the items that come in with our models in features/showcases and spreads.  We also own a Model Management company - so we do not need to hire talent for the shoots.

Lot of domain names - yes, we own more than 500.  When we put our marketing energy into a product, it gets noticed.  Quality of website? Tomato/Tomahto.  It is not designed for consumers, and it gets the job done.

I hope this clears up any misconceptions out there about Wench Magazine...though of course it won't stop the Haters.  As to quality and legitimacy, pick up a copy when you go to Faire.  See for yourself.  ;)

Sam

Lord Clisto of York

Thanks Sam,

No ill will taken. I was only trying to get more info. The entire quote after my initial statenment until I signed my name on the bottom was Sir Blackwolfs. I should have highlighted all of his. I had been asked some questions by others via e-mail on it and I said i would ask about. And, in saying so, a few things in looking as i had mentioned seemed somewhat odd. That and the fact some people said they had tried to get info by e-mailing but didn't hear back. But that is what was told to me. So, I figured I would try and investigate. As I did state if it was legit that it is cool and I hoped it would work. So, I wanted to be sure and you helped with the post here. Thanks again for getting back on this. I think keeping everyone abreast from this point on would help a lot in the rumor control.

Respectfully,
Lord Clisto
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Tiggeress

Hi everyone.

This is a quote from me on another site about this wench magazine.

QuoteAs most people that know me, know about me I do not like rumors, or not knowing the whole story about something. So I called Kerodina Press at 1.888.726.4822. At first Holly Keredin the publisher had no idea what I was talking about. I told her where to find this thread and she read it and called me back.

We talked for about 35 minutes. She does sort of defend NyteOrchid posts as in this is a real magazine, and they are really trying to get input from the IWG, but she does believe both us and her assistant might have handled this differently. Wench magazine does not want to upset the IWG but to get our attention in a positive way towards the magazine.

I understand that she will not publicly take her assistant to task over this, but I do believe she will be talking to her about diplomacy. I explained to her why we were questioning the magazine, and the email Ysobelle received. I did ask her to have NyteOrchid post an apology for her rude remarks, and to just state facts with complete information in the future. Holly did say that if NyteOrchid pitched an idea for an article about IWG, about what happened on here she would not print it.

Please feel free to contact Holly Keredin at publisher@wenchmagazine.com . She is more than happy to answer question.

Before I get hanged for this post no I am not defending NyteOrchids posts nor am I saying buy the magazine. What I am doing is asking you to contact Holly if you have questions, and make your own decisions afterwards. Please keep talking about it on here as this is our forums, and we do have the right to talk about these things here as well in private.

Flo McQuinn
Madame Local # 42
VARF/MDRF

After haveing a weekend away from this I thought it was contained on wench.org. WOW I do not know if Sam is the assistant that wrote on our board or if this is someone else. As these posters and the person I talked to all claim to be the publisher I have no idea who is who, nor do I think they do either. Some where someone is not telling the truth.

I ask everyone to call them and ask them questions. This is the only way we might find out the truth. As for them coming on to the Renn community boards and stating they have all this stuff and they are real, we have yet to see proof of this. Having 500 web domains does not prove that you are good or real, it just proves that you know how to trick google into puting your on top of a search.

When they anwsered the phone it was with a hello, not what ever publishing house they are, and how may I help you. It was Holly that answered the phone. Maybe they were all told to say they are the publisher.

Tiggeress

Tiggeress

I just did some more research into this comapny and did not find them in the yellow page, nor could I get their phone number from 411.
This is what I did find through http://www.whitepages.com/search/ReverseAddress .
Christian Kerodin
15732 Crabbs Branch Way
Derwood, MD 20855-2620

Job:  Kerodina 

Chris Kerodin
15732 Crabbs Branch Way
Rockville, MD 20855-2620

(301) 721-0006

Job:  Capitol Heating & Cooling , Owner

This is the information I found doing a address search, that comes anywhere close to the info we have.
So now we have even more to think about.

these are the other things at this address so no one thinks I am makeing this up:

Microburst
Browne Diane H PSY D LLC
Diane H Browne
P Alter
Christian Kerodin
Joanne Ugolini
Oneal A Walker LLC
Practical Alternative LLC
Capitol Heating & Cooling LLC
Mark Frederiksen
Neal Walker

What it looke like to me is the people at the heating and cooling business are trying to break into the publishing business.

Do your own research and let me know what you come up with.

Flo

Tiggeress

More information found by one of IWG's wenches (Selena)

QuoteCriminal court:

KERODIN, CHRISTIAN ALLEN, dob 022367, white male. A speeding charge out of Virginia 11/08.

But more importantly, a civil suit which transpired as a judgment against Kerodina, llc. Monetary judgment of $1,646,166 as of 040209. Defendant attorney, Elizabeth E. Weaver for further information

QuoteIn the extortion case, Christian Kerodin, 36, of Alexandria pleaded guilty to telling several local companies that he would showcase them in a report criticizing D.C.-area mall security unless they hired him to do security assessments. He faces up to 30 years in prison and a $500,000 fine.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2004/jan/07/20040107-094235-2178r/print/
I do not think I will be having anything to do with these people.

Tiggeress

SirBlackFox

Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

lady serena

Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lord Clisto of York

Well, this is what i was looking for was a lot of digging to see what is going on with all this. Because I have had several people mail me asking. Thanks for all your work Tiggeress. Seems more and more is coming out one way or another. I wish this Sam would have straightened this all out when they posted before. Now that there are more questions here thanks to you, they should see them and answer them. We hope...

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

I did receive a reply some time back from someone else in charge of the magazine, but didn't post it since I was waiting to see if one of them would post more info here or answer other questions. I will post contact info tomorrow after I get off work. I do believe now at this point it is legit and something that is going to happen. But, all of you can judge for yourselves. Keep an eye out here for info.

Lord Clisto

Lord Clisto of York

Ok, here is what I got some time ago from a Holly. The base reply was personal to me so I did not post it, but I have posted contact info. So, if anyone wants to try and contact her and get more info, feel free.

Holly Kerodin, Publisher
Wench Magazine
WenchMagazine.com
Kerodina Press, LLC
15732 Crabbs Branch Way * Rockville, MD 20855
Tel: 888-966-7273    *    Fax: 240-683-4554"

Lord Clisto of York

I know these posts have been from the end of 2009, but since then I have been following up as best I could with Holly on this and it has now been a long while in hearing anything from what I was last told back in May of this year, 2011. But, so far it has constantly been postponed.

Lord Clisto of York

Well, this issue is now dead and there is no magazine I guess. I still have not heard anything since my last post of may 2011 so i am closing this chapter. I do not know why they have no longer contacted me after numerous other e-mails back and forth. Anyway, you can put this one in the bag. There is no excuse for lack of communication, which is totally unprofessional on their part.

Lord Clisto