News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gates to Open In A Few Weeks.......Where is Everyone?

Started by kcdcchef, August 12, 2009, 10:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feline Groovy

Quote from: Steev on September 03, 2009, 08:25:15 AM
Quote from: Feline Groovy on September 03, 2009, 08:22:29 AM
I'll keep that in mind if I can ever start planning ahead again!  (Here it is, Thursday morning, and I STILL don't know if I'm going to MDRF this weekend or not. ***sigh***)

Oh, you should.  But if you don't make it to MDRF this weekend, I'm sure we'll see you another weekend...

I want to, want to, want to!  I think it's pretty much going to depend on how wiped out I still am by tomorrow afternoon.  This being a business owner thing is work!   :P        :D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Butch

Opening weekend starts tomorrow!  This weekend is 2 for 1 gate admission with donation of 5 cans of food.

Sunday will be great!

Cormac

I really should have took the day off.  Hard to be productive and stay focused when I would rather be working on some leather projects and leaving early for the weekend.  Garb for myself and the eldest spawn is packed and I keep watching the clock trying to will it to move faster.

Can't wait until Sunday!

TKM

i will be there tomorrow. i will probably be too busy to schedule a meet-up anywhere, but if anyone wants to track me down and visit, i'll be in a brown hat, white shirt, black doublet, brown pants and black boots. you can see me walking the parade for the hat shop, also i plan to lend a hand to the barbarians, and i'll mostly likely catch at least one jolly rogers show.

Brother Gregory

I'll watch for you I'll be attending the faire for the 4 time second year in a row with my two teenage daughter's.

Lady Elizabeth Howard

Well I know that I can't wait until October 3rd. When our school will make it's annual trip up to KC. It is one of the high lights of my year. IT is all me and my friends talk about. But there is so much to do. So many costumes to finish. But I am excited because we will have, hopefully, over ten people in costume this year. Last year when we came it was just me and my cousin in costume, and my green dresses debaute. And this year it is my little sisters first festival. She is such a cute pesent.

Butch

What a great day!  Gauwyn and Gauwynette, Baron and the Baroness, and two others were there!  How wonderful to meet with others from distant cities and states!  The weather was beautiful.

Thank-you very much KCDCCHEF for the recommendations.  We all agreed that the living history tour was well worth the start of the day.  The human chess match was pretty cool, but the pub sing was really one of the best parts of the day!

Putting faces with the internet personalities really added to the experience.

Huzzah!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

It was great meeting you Butch and all of your clan.  The tour was most definetly worth the time.

We REALLY enjoyed this faire and will return again.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Cormac

Well I managed to miss everyone.  I thought I had the place and time, but must have messed something up.  I did spot an R/F pin on someone with a maroon bodice and blue skirt.  My daughter was on a mission otherwise I would have chased you down an had a proper introduction.

Finally saw Musical Blades other than passing by their stage for tyke friendly entertainment.  Sonic Sidhe was good and plenty of shade.  I really enjoy the Elvish singer and made a second pass before the day was out.  Only thing missing were bag pipes.  If I missed them please tell me where to look.

Barring weather I'll be back from the full crew of ankle biters on the 19th.  Hope to see some of you there.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

On Saturday M'Lady was there with adorned pin, but wearing a maroon skirt and blue bodice ?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Cormac

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on September 08, 2009, 05:50:05 AM
On Saturday M'Lady was there with adorned pin, but wearing a maroon skirt and blue bodice ?

I apologize for remembering in reverse.  No wonder I missed meeting everyone!

Sullivans Bastard

Well, here I sit with my wife in a Kansas City hotel room.  We'll be at the KCRF tomorrow! (first time visit!)

Anyone from the forums going to be there tomorrow?  I'll be easy to spot - see ugly mug avatar...
The most noticable thing about me will be the big yellow wooden flute stuck in my sword baldric. :)

Lady Elizabeth Howard

Unfourtunally no. I have to wait until October 3rd.

kcdcchef

yeah, and i am the following weekend darn the luck. amazing how october gets here quicker and quicker every year. damn we are all getting old!!

Sullivans Bastard

We were there oday.  We want to return in October, but it looks like the last weekend (10/11) is the only one we can try to make.