News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Coat of Arms

Started by BrokenArts, August 13, 2009, 10:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrokenArts

Hello all, been awhile.  I wanted to share out latest find we purchased over a month ago.  We were out checking a local Antique warehouse, and a good friend of mine was helping move and sell the stuff.  When this caught my eye.  It had its original tag, probably from the 1960's.  Made in Traverse City Michigan, I'm from Michigan originally, and at $14.50.  What a bargain!  I put a measuring tape on it, its 37" long.  Its made out of plastic, its about 3/8" thick, bit heavy too.  It's copied from an original the tag says.

It needs a bit of work, I've already filled the chips, and am touching up the paint on it, putting a bit of wax on it to make the colors pop just a little bit, keeping it as original as possible.  Its hanging in my shop right now, its a wonderful piece, I love it!

This shot shows a roll of paper towel next to it, gives a bit of proportion.

BLAKDUKE

Great find, looks wonderfull.
Ancient swordsman/royalty
Have Crown/Sword Will Travel

LadyShadow

May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

BrokenArts

TY, its a bit cheesy, I still like it. :D  I've been going to antique shops for years, I've never seen anything like this.  I restore objects anyway for a living, so, to restore this is not a big deal for me.  We did find that the back brackets when you hang it, even though they were screwed in, the plastic is brittle, they busted right out.  Probably due to the hot texas heat, and sitting in someones garage, I can only guess. 
We had to really secure this in order to get it to hang, so it wouldn't sustain anymore damage to it.  Someday, I would love to put that in a game room or rec room of some sort.