News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Silverleaf Renaissance Festival: CLOSING the Doors

Started by Lady Kathleen of Olmsted, January 01, 2012, 10:35:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

http://www.silverleafrenfaire.org/

This announcement states that the Silverleaf Renaissance Festival is no more.

I am sorry for the Rennies in the Battle Creek, Michigan area who look and enjoy this festival as a run up to the Michigan Festival. Keep us in touch as to any other information comes your way.

The announcement says nothong as to the reason behind the closure. I do know the political atmosphere in Michigan is not very good and towns are being taken over by appointees of the Governor.

I hope this does not interfere with the upcoming 2012 season for the Michigan Renaissance Festival.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Merlin the Elder

I hate to see any faire fail. This is sad, indeed.
Living life in the slow lane
ROoL #116; the Jack of Daniels; AARP #7; SS# 000-00-0013
I've upped my standards. Now, up yours.
...and may all your babies be born naked...

Queen Genevieve

As "Queen Genevieve of Silverleaf" I can honestly say that I loved the time I was at Silverleaf.  It is very sad that this faire is closing.  I know it isn't the biggest, or historically accurate, yet, I was approached and thanked by a number of people each day for being there and being approachable.  I was truly blessed, to have been able to meet so many great people.
Queen Genevieve

Captain Cornelius Howard Duckman

Sad to see Silverleaf go, but no, this has no effect on the Michigan Renaissance Festival, or on Mayfaire renaissance Festival.

renfairephotog

Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

flidais

I heard about this, this morning as well.  Very sad to see this faire close.  It has been my mid-summer faire fix for many years.  It was sad this past year to see how badly it was tore up by bad weather and had wondered if it would be able to make a come back.  poo

Edmund Lord Pexton

It is truly sad to see Silverleaf close it's doors!

For those of you needing a replacement fix, the drive to Mid-Michigan Renaissance Festival is well worth the drive. Of course, I am biased....I am the proprietor of the Golden Gryffon Pub at MMRF!  ;)  This year's festival will run 4 weekends in June (9-10, 16-17, 23-24, and June 30-July1)

We are always seeking vendors and our cast, crew and entertainment auditions are being held February 18 - 19, 2012 from 11 am - 6 pm and again on February 25 - 26, 2012 from 12 noon - 4 pm.

The auditions will be held at Sullivan's Black Forest Restaurant in Frankenmuth , MI. Hope you can come and be part of our Festival family!

How to Apply:
If you are interested in auditioning please send an email to: Dead_Head_Red@yahoo.com

Please Bring to the Audition:
Application (Avalible upon contacting)
Prepared Dramatic/Comedic Monologue (at least 2 Min)
Pen & Paper
Smile
A friend or two

Royals and Retainers:

King Ferdinand the First
Queen Anna of Bohemia
Queens Hand Maiden
Kings Guard
Duke Wilhelm Der Reiche (Duke of Kleves)
Maria of Jülich-Berg (Dukes Mother)
Sybella Von Cleve (Dukes Older sister)
Anna Von Cleve (Dukes Younger Sister)
Amelia Von Cleve (Dukes Youngest Sister)
Jeanne d'Albret (The Dukes young and firey first wife)
Hand Maiden
Dukes Personal Guard

Fairytale Characters:

Fairies
Elves
Troll (To guard a Bridge)
Wicked Witch
Hansel
Gretel
Snow White
Sleeping Beauty
Cinderella
Rapunzel
Prince Charming
Towns People:
Town Gossip
Butcher
Baker
Beggar (Two, one man & one woman)
Town Flirt (A young woman)
Town Drunk
Town Crier (A loud Man)
Crazy Cat Lady
Pirates (Three, Two Men and a Woman)
Town Thief
Wenches

NefariousDrO

I just read an article in MLive.com that a new festival is opening in mid-July, taking place in Augusta, MI apparently at the location of the Barn Theater.
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/05/fear_not_renaissance_fair-goer.html#incart_river_default

The festival's website is here:
http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2012/05/fear_not_renaissance_fair-goer.html#incart_river_default

Anybody know anything about this? They've got a pretty good list of performers for a new festival.

RacKuhn

BlackRock Medieval Festival will be in Augusta this year. We are in between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. BlackRock will run the last 3 weekends this July, 14-15, 21-22, and the 28-29th. It's 10am-6pm, rain or shine! So sorry to see Silverleaf go, but at least we will have this one to go to that's not a far drive. There will be over 60 vendors, 5 stages, and of corse, food and fun. Premier Animal Attractions will be there the first 2 weekends. They will bring lion cub this year, along with many other wonderful babies! www.blackrockfest.com Also look for us on FaceBook.   ;D

NefariousDrO

There was a nice feature about Blackrock in the local news recently, I am definitely looking forward to this festival. I'm sad Silverleaf has closed down, and hope that this one will keep the fun rolling!

http://www.wwmt.com/shared/newsroom/top-stories/stories/wwmt_vid_2583.shtml

RacKuhn

Well, I hope some of you did make it to BlackRock Medieval Festival. I had a great time there and can't wait until next year! Best wishes to you all. :)