Midwest > Silver Leaf Renaissance Faire

Charlevoix Renaissance Faire

<< < (2/4) > >>

L Dale Walter:

--- Quote ---Zilwaki bridge that is closed down...... so far it looks like going straight across the state and then up..... because I-75 at that bridge is shut down for repairs....sombody cut through a wrong cable....

So this is a heads up for anyone who was planning on taking I-75 north.....major detour.....and headache....
--- End quote ---

The detour is no big deal.  I did it many times this winter.  It just routes you around on I-675.  A couple of miles out of your way.  Nothing major.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

darkranger:
Sorry life got in the way again. To those that made it up as I did it was alot of fun, both weekends .I can't wait till next year! ;D

darkranger:
Just a thought but shouldn't Charlevoix Renaissance Fair have it's own place on the form after all they are, what 4 hours apart. PS how are things looking for next year?

Kathleen MacLeod:
I believe the Charlevoix Ren Faire is styled almost completely after Silver Leaf, which would explain why it's being discussed in here :)

L Dale Walter:

--- Quote ---I believe the Charlevoix Ren Faire is styled almost completely after Silver Leaf,
--- End quote ---

SLRF Productions, the company that puts on Silver Leaf was hired to produce the Charlevoix Ren Faire, thus the simularities.  However, as Mid America produces several faires, and they all have their own boards, CRF should really have it's own.  However:

--- Quote from: darkranger on August 19, 2008, 09:08:48 AM ---PS how are things looking for next year?

--- End quote ---
I got word from the people at Castle Farms that they will not be doing a ren faire next year, SO there is really no point to having a CRF board.

On that note;  there has been a lot of talk about how SLRF Productions lost a ton of money at CRF and will not be opening SLRF next year because of it.  Wrong.  Look at it like this:  If a bar (Castle Farms) hires a band (SLRF Productions) to play there (put on a ren faire) and then they don't get the numbers they thought they would (do to amazingly hopeful predictions.  The faire did great for a first year show drawing 3612 over 4 days with one rain day!) THE BAND STILL GETS PAID! 

Sometimes it is good to be the band.

L. Dale Walter
Assistant General Manager
SLRF Productions

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version