News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Do You Practice Throwing?

Started by Butch, August 30, 2009, 12:37:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch

Every year, about a month before the Faire, I start practicing throwing tomahawks (gotta love winning whatever prizes there are!)

Does anyone else hone their skills (knife, axe, archery)?

Adriana Rose

I used to when I had a barn to do it in but sadly I moved so I have not practiced in years.

I used to be pretty good with my boot knife

Cormac

Archery - 25-50 arrows a weekend, sometimes more.  Missed this weekend and will be at KCRF next.  Hopefully will get back for the long bow competition up there.

Knives - Just started throwing again.  Haven't kept count, but over a dozen ends of three throws each last weekend.  Sticking them pretty good once I found the sweet spot for my release point.

Axe- Need to pick up a set.

Also been going to the gym three days a week working on the muscle groups in my back to improve my archery.  For winter I have found an indoor archery range and may try to develop an indoor target for knives and axes.

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I work on honing my drinking skills  ;D  (Sorry couldn't resist)
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Al-Nimer

I just picked up archery as a hobby last spring during Scarby, and was shooting 3-4 times a week before the weather got too hot and had to quit for the summer.  (I set up a nice range behind our house.)  Now that it's starting to cool off again, I'm going to try to go out more often.  I plan on buying a set of throwing axes either at TRF this fall or Four Winds this spring.
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam, Mythbusters

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

tomahawks & knives are a good way spend a drunk...

Cold Steel Hawks & Hibben knives.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God