News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Gallery of Finished Projects

Started by gem, May 08, 2008, 03:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toua Taru

Lady Kathleen, your work as always is jawdroppingly beautiful!
Leave a little sparkle wherever you go

House Hufflepuff
Lady of The Eighth House

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

While attending the Minnesota Renaissance Festival yesterday, I heard a voice call out to me, "Lady Kathleen!" I turned around and it was young Julian in his Bilbo Baggins ensemble I made for him. He gave me such a big hug. He had people asking where did he get his coat and vest. I gave dad a bunch of Business cards to hand out to those who were serious about custom made clothing.

The fabric for the coat came from England. The Buttons for the vest from New Zealand.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

My husband, the Earl of Olmsted, has a finished Doublet. When it comes to linings, I like to think outside the box. I came across this Black and Gold Cotton at JoAnn Fabrics on Tuesday. Now on to the Venetians.

The Venetians.....
I used a soft, pinwale corduroy for these. Button fly front with privacy panel, belt loops at the waist band, ties at the knee bands. Those are easier for my husband to do. I plan another Doublet for my husband in the coming months so that he has at least 2 nice ensembles to wear to Festivals and events to go along with his Pirate garb for when he wants to dress down.

Puck

Didn't manage to get pictures of my dress Opening weekend when I was wearing it, but snapped a few tonight. Few things to add eventually, but those are all components I haven't finished yet. Thankfully I had my leather belt on so I could keep most of the dress out of the mud. Both dresses are 100% linen and all the hems (minus the bottom hems) are finished by hand. Green dress is side lacing with hand sewn eyelets and red dress has lacing rings as I plan on adding trim to it once its woven. Belt is tablet woven.

All headwear pieces were sewn, knitted and/or felted by hand.

And while I don't have any decent pictures of his garb, I did make all of my friend's garb as well, including the trim on the doublet. I'm hoping Larson and Neve will be able to make it back to MNRF as a duo this year! (Larson will be there most weekends)

isabelladangelo

Puck, that is lovely!  I'd actually leave the dress plain (without trim) and add an apron to it instead.   A smocked apron would look perfect with the outfit. 

Puck

Thanks! Unfortunately an apron won't really work with the character I have in mind right now, but maybe in the future! I've started making the trim and it's only about half an inch wide so it'll add some interest but not be overwhelming.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Terrific job, Puck. The colors work so well together. You look stunning in this.

I decided to make myself a new ensemble for Closing weekend of the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. I started this 2 weeks ago when things were slow as far as Alterations were concerned.  Now I have 4 Noble ensembles to wear when the Earl and I travel to other Faires about the country.

For this ensemble, I used the Elizabethan Women's ensemble pattern from Margo Anderson for the Doublet and Spanish styled sleeves. The main fabric is a soft, lightweight Pinwale Corduroy. I used one layer of Canvas Duck for the Doublet body, waist and shoulder tabs. Lined in a cotton of Gold Renaissance design on red. The Picot trim that accompanies the Red/Gold Frames trim, I ordered from M & J Trimmings out of NYC. The rest came from my stash.

I highly recommend making a mockup of the Doublet to fit over the corset. I made a size 14 in a cheapy fabric. I ended up cutting an 18, making some adjustments at the side seams and shoulders. . Instead of a full Kirtle, I made a Dickie to pin onto my corset to create an illusion of wearing a Kirtle because I want to wear the Doublet partly opened to show off the lining against the Chemise.

The Overskirt are 4- 45"  panels that are cartridge pleated. I like fullness in my skirts. This project took me 50 hours over the  course of 2 weeks. I need to make a few tweeks before I wear this on Saturday.

Now on to some Alterations and 2 unlined cloaks for the youngest granddaughters.

Raelyn Fey

Oh my goodness it's so amazing!!

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Thank you so much, Irish Rose. I will get photos of me in it tomorrow while at the Minnesota Renaissance Festival. Then post next week.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

The final weekend of the Minnesota Renaissance was wonderful. No rain, no mud to sidestep, just wonderful fun!

I wore my newest ensemble. So many people stopped me for pictures and asked where did I get it. I made sure I had plenty of business cards to hand out to those serious about having Custom designed garb made.

I have an event coming up at the end of October. I plan to make a new underskirt out of heavier fabric in which to lay the forepart onto. I used an existing underskirt from a previous ensemble. The Doublet was wonderful to wear and quite comfortable. The suggestion for the Dickie pinned onto the corset was a great idea. It gave the illusion of another layer.

Butch

Just wonderful!  That hat works well with it.

Butch

I keep thinking of this photo, and now I realize why:  blackworked sleeves!  Don't you have a chemise with blackwork?  What would that look like, peeking out?  Not trying to criticize your beautiful work, just mentioning what's been gnawing at me.

And I saw that Outlander dress; wow!  I think I'll make it for my wife!  a SIMPLICITY pattern?

operafantomet

Quote from: Puck on August 29, 2016, 11:48:20 PM
Didn't manage to get pictures of my dress Opening weekend when I was wearing it, but snapped a few tonight. Few things to add eventually, but those are all components I haven't finished yet. Thankfully I had my leather belt on so I could keep most of the dress out of the mud. Both dresses are 100% linen and all the hems (minus the bottom hems) are finished by hand. Green dress is side lacing with hand sewn eyelets and red dress has lacing rings as I plan on adding trim to it once its woven. Belt is tablet woven.

All headwear pieces were sewn, knitted and/or felted by hand.

And while I don't have any decent pictures of his garb, I did make all of my friend's garb as well, including the trim on the doublet. I'm hoping Larson and Neve will be able to make it back to MNRF as a duo this year! (Larson will be there most weekends)

This is absolutely stunning! I'm floored.

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Well done, Puck. This is a stunning ensemble indeed.

A recent piece I sent off to Cape Cod yesterday. A Steampunk/Fantasy Pirate coat as requested by one of my good repeat clients. The Chenille Brocade came from an eBay vendor in LA. The Iron On trim from a vendor in South Korea. It is just awesome. The contrast Chenille was from JoAnn's Decorator Fabric section. The buttons from a vendor in New York City that took 3 weeks to get to me. But once I got them, I was happy. They finish the ensemble.

The fabric for the vest was from a new client in Michigan who happened to have a skirt she made of it that was too small for her. I made her a new Linen Elizabethan Chemise in exchange, plus materials and shipping. This client is asking for even more garb in the coming months.

Trillium

That trim is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk

Got faerie dust?