News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Opening weekend photo's

Started by Spanky, May 22, 2008, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

~pixie~

Thank you, Tom.  It's not the number 2 though, it's the caption.. well, 'nuff of that.

And yes, m'Lady that is certainly agreeable. I'm sure he will.

I can pretty much always be found at the pub.  The music is  my absolute favourite part of faire.  Master Will came by on opening day as I was spreading out the table cover and said, "we have our first squatter." 
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

Feline Groovy

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 11, 2008, 03:33:14 PM
and by recognise, I mean recognize. Darn spell check! AAH!

And that, sirrah, is why you are a hack!   ;D
Where was I going and how do I get there?

aidenoffairfax

Figures... it would be the scribe that attacks back! AAH! Be ready for a battle of words, and let's hope I don't get tongue tied in the process... as I seem to on a daily basis. You ready for this weekend?
Please go ahead and clear your throats... the hack has arrived!

~pixie~

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 11, 2008, 03:33:14 PM
and by recognise, I mean recognize. Darn spell check! AAH!

Ahh, but do not chastise yourself, Sir, as your first spelling was also correct! 

Dictionary.com:
Also, especially British, rec·og·nise. [Origin: 1425–75; recogn(ition) + -ize; r. late ME racunnysen, recognisen < OF reconuiss-, s. blah blah blah.  you got it.
~ Pixie ~
the wicked wench
Rose Seller VARF
IWG #785 Local 42 MDRF
aka: Gold'n Penny
Irish Penny Brigade - Clan White

troubadude

Pixie:

I'm sorry, I hadn't looked at the pics & quotes until just now, and I can see how you could be offended.   Again, I'm so sorry for the poor choice of words. 

You are one of the sweetest & most beautiful people I know and you never cease to amaze me with your sweetness and your beauty! 

I hope he changes the verbage soon! 

Tom
Troubadude
if music be the food of love, play on!

Feline Groovy

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 11, 2008, 05:12:29 PM
You ready for this weekend?

Ready, willing, and able!  (And suffering mixed feelings -- yay for getting my weekends back, boo for losing faire. *sigh*  )
Where was I going and how do I get there?

aidenoffairfax

Point well taken Pixie! YAY for spelling!

Oh, and I agree feline... excited for the weekend because I know the energy will be insane, but sad to see it go. Already prepping for next year though, so life is good.

will paisley

Quote from: Feline Groovy on June 11, 2008, 09:41:07 PM
Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 11, 2008, 05:12:29 PM
You ready for this weekend?

Ready, willing, and able!  (And suffering mixed feelings -- yay for getting my weekends back, boo for losing faire. *sigh*  )

Don't forget PARF, and MDRF, and CRF - by the time all that's over you'll be worrying about Christmas shopping.
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

aidenoffairfax

And then after Christmas shopping, it's almost time for auditions again! WOW! It's like a vicious cycle... whoo!

troubadude

Quote from: aidenoffairfax on June 12, 2008, 08:53:52 AM
And then after Christmas shopping, it's almost time for auditions again! WOW! It's like a vicious cycle... whoo!
On Saturday, I'm going to make a very special effort to help out all who are worried about Christmas shopping. 

I will have copies of TomLori's last CD "Angus X-ing" with me Saturday.  It's an awsome recording of great Celtic music, you can't help but tap your foot (feet), smile, and even giggle when you listen to it!   Head-banging is an option too, though not highly recommended

They serve as great Christmas gifts, don't forget about Father's Day on Sunday, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Bat Mitzvahs, Mother's Day (next year), Thanksgiving, New Years, Valentines Day . . . 

Just a blatant, unsolicited plug for TomLori's "Angus X-ing" cd! 

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself!  But I'll have some of those cd's available this weekend! 

I've even been told they might make pretty good coasters & miniature frisbies!  Buy one & try it! 

Tom
Troubadude
if music be the food of love, play on!